The Finest Lesson In Life

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Purple2017, May 27, 2017.

1. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

The professor entered the class room comprising of a group of management students. “I will take a test today”, he announced. “I will show you an object and everybody has to write down the description in a paper and submit it to me. Evaluation will be done on the basis of above”.

Then he showed a white blotting paper with an ink-dot in the middle. 10 minutes were given for the test.

All the students submitted the answers. Everybody wrote that there is a black dot in the blotting paper. After reading the answer papers, the professor was disappointed.

He started, “my dear students, everybody has given the common answer. How much area is occupied by the black dot out of the total blotting paper? May be less than 0.1%. It is just a point. But nobody has highlighted about the 99.9% white area available in the blotting paper. We don’t think of what we already have, we always complain about things which we don’t have. This is our mindset.”

That lecture by the professor has opened up new vistas for understanding life in a big way. Today we are so much conditioned that we don’t accept what we already possess. We always think of what we don’t have. The majority of the mankind is obsessed with this myopia. A critical appraisal of the above truth reveals so many evergreen theorems.

a) We are not satisfied with whatever God has given us.

b) When a problem occurs, we always try to blame the concerned persons or the situation for the disaster. At the end we blame God for our ill fate.

c) We never acknowledge at that moment what God has given us starting from the human birth, the family, the children, the health, the wealth, the power, the position in the society, etc.

d) We always compare ourselves with others inviting jealousy and concentrate on our deficiencies as compared to others rather than utilize our available talents. This is one of the major reasons of sorrow.

e) Before shedding tears either before anybody or God, let us ask ourselves what God has given us till now.

f) There is no justification for asking any benefits from God as He has already bestowed you with infinite materials for your survival till now. You should only pray for His blessings to march forward in life. This is in line with the theory of Karma Yoga.

g) Let us be content with what God has given us. Let us explore the positive side of any situation instead of being overwhelmed by the problems.

Thyagarajan, dc24, penpaal and 4 others like this.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Wonderful and inspiring

Purple2017 likes this.
  3. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much...

4. Cielo

Cielo Bronze IL'ite

"When a problem occurs, we always try to blame the concerned persons or the situation for the disaster. At the end we blame God for our ill fate."

Good point - always looking to blame something or someone and rarely look at handling it positively.
    Very well said.

Purple2017 likes this.
  5. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Sorrows outweigh joys in life. Wisdom is necessary to explore happiness. Thoughts are like horses galloping wildly inviting mainly negative traits resulting in depression. In such circumstances, when I read the above lesson, I get instant relief. It is like a medicine for me to walk through this turbulent life come whatever may.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely. One is obsessed more with unwanted details. When mind is immersed In Desires and how to achieve those, it has no time to think of what already in his or her possession.

Purple2017 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:thanks once again for the re-opportunity to re-study your thread. Regards. God Bless Us All.