1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child With Autism

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chanchitra, Feb 22, 2017.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op........Hugs to you.
    Op unless he is a really bad person,I feel you should try to mend your relationship with your husband .Your daughter needs you both working on the same team.It will bring you relief too.

Try talking to him when he is in a good mood.Tell him you both need to start over again.Tell him that the verbal abuse really puts you off physically from him.Plan some time together.

As for the money problem,ask him to start a trust fund for your daughter.Tell him to invest in retirement funds.Start with these.

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

He his not a really bad person.he trusted his father and family members a lot.They all cheated him.He thinks his brother family is his.
    Earlier days I was naive.I also used to think husbands family is mine as per the fucking Indian culture .
    This is the biggest mistake I did.

3. chanchitra

Now he is saving money though.
    If only I could go back in time to her 2 yr old,.
    I told him a million times to stop the bad words.HE says yes I will stop,but starts again next day.

4. yellowmango

Op forget about the money lost.Work on your future. You need some to be with you emotionally too. Just try to rebuild a bond. Don't let these spoil your physical relations unless you are disgusted by him and don't want intimacy too.
    Sometime lack of physical closeness magnify all the other problems.

If possible give your relationship another try.You go for counselling alone and see if you can learn to deal with the relationship issue.

Talk to him about the need for future security for your daughter and you both.Don't bring up the past or even the present spending.Try to get him to save for the three of you.

5. chanchitra

Am not disgusted by him totally.
    Money lost is not the issue here.will try to work on the relationship.

sindmani, Laks09 and yellowmango like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Hi.this is same me in new id

yellowmango likes this.
  7. Sunshine04

Hi.i am a badrakali when it comes to my daughter.
    I will try the silent treatment that you mentioned.

SRK123 likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Iam not intentionally using intimacy as a tool to get back.when the husband is not listening normally, this is the only option left.

9. yellowmango

Op,are you fine with the lack of intimacy.Intimacy is not only a male need,women need it too.Unless you hate the thought of being intimate with him,stopping intimacy should not be the only option.Lack of intimacy effects you too emotionally and physically.It is not just a punishment for him......It is for you too.

Are there other ways you both could deal with the verbal misbehavior.
    Make him pay a fine.Every time he does it ,tell him to put a big amount in trust fund.That will make him think.

Everytime he sends money home.....Make him buy gold for your daughter or invest in FD.

sindmani and Sunshine04 like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sunshine04 - I wanted some time to respond and hence the delay.

It's hard to put the past in the past when it affects the future of your child. It's bound to make you annoyed. It's not about the money. There is some instinct in you that needs you to be provider for the child. The knowledge that it could have been so much better is very difficult to come to terms with. Especially with a child who needs financial security for the future. Identify that feeling and isolate it. Understand that we are human and make errors in judgement. Tell yourself that given your circumstances back then you did what you "both" thought was the right thing. It's a learning experience and unfortunately you have lost out financially to get to this point. All is not lost yet.

Regarding your spouse, he is now saving. For the last two years he has changed in that department and is keeping money for you guys. That's a positive and it's a realization that he has arrived at himself given his experiences. Consider this as a silver lining from all the past events. Him and you should try and put it behind you for your own sakes. What's the point in being bitter? It's not affecting your in-laws. Only you.

Regarding the verbal abuse, it started almost a decade ago. I'm not sure how to get it to stop. You have tried various ways to get him to stop. He has to find ways to turn his anger into something else. And using his words to hurt you isn't one of them. I think he needs help with that which he seems to be refusing. Will you be able to find self help books on this topic and start reading and keeping it around? Will he pick up and start reading them? Can you go see a counselor yourself and see if she can help you arrive at a solution to this problem?

The part about him not pitching in when you are sick, tell him what he should do. Ask him to fix a meal, take care of the kid etc ahead of time. Tell him that's what's expected since you are unwell. Sometimes when either spouse doesn't get it intuitively it's best to lay it out there and say what's needed. Otherwise, the other person anyway will not do it and you will end up getting annoyed.

Regarding the special needs trust fund and financial planning and will creation - its stressful. It's very difficult emotionally. It's painful to think about our own child as one who will never do a lot of things and be dependent on others for a lot of things. It's hard to come up with one person who will do it in your absence. It shot my BP up twenty points and I have an older child. I've never thought of dying until the financial planning for the special needs trust. So much of uncertainty and so many unknowns. For now, with all you have going on, shelf it for a year or so. Make getting your marriage on track a higher priority than the trust planning. Have a rudimentary will in place just in case but tie up all the other stuff after your current issues are resolved.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    sindmani, Sandhya13, iyerviji and 4 others like this.