1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Same Sex Marriage - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sbonigala, Oct 19, 2016.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

And for all arguing about the right of the child to be raised by a father and mother - I don't get it. Where is it dictated? Do we have studies that show that children raised in this setting are psychologically healthiest as opposed to kids raised in single parent homes/same sex couple homes?

My cousin lost her father at a very young age. She was raised by her mom and her mom's unmarried sister. She is thriving and has grown up to be a wonderful young woman. How is this different than being raised in a home with 2 mothers?

SGBV and justanothergirl like this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Am pro lgbtqi, stating in advance. We cannot altogether ignore the issues, children of gay parents may face. It is reported they are bullied in schools by kids of hetero parents, causing depression, a scenario quite possible.

The marriage equality law now exists, but there aren't laws yet, clearly defining how children adopted by both gay parents or adopted by one (other being the birth mother/father), will be affected, if the parents separate or divorce, as apposed to the well formulated laws in cases of hetero parents, concerning the future of their kids, another issue identified about children being raised by gay parents. But given the time I think, procedures will be formulated, too early to blame the system.

vaidehi71 and Rihana like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Could not agree more on this. Who set these rules? Where is it dictated?

Like @peartree's cousin, we are seeing so many good individuals, who are raised by either single parents, two moms, two dads, or adoptive parents (single mom/single dad in some cases) and who are equally turn up to be great individuals like all of us.
    Similarly, there are cases of messed up upbringing in the dysfunctional families, where kids are allowed to live with two gender parents.
    So, how can you sweep everything under the carpet?

The society see no issue if the kid is raised by 2 woman or 2 men if these two women are just friends, biologically related (sisters/mom-dd) etc. But the problems comes when their sexual orientation is revealed.

My cousins too raised by their mom and grand mom as both the moms are widows. They are just fine.
    My aunt and her siblings were raised singlehandedly by their widowed dad since very young. They are also fine.
    My friend is separated, and she shares a house with another separated woman/colleague since 5+ years, and they are being great moms for both of their kids. They are not lesbians, but just friends.
    These are not socially isolated cases, and they are perfectly ok. Then why do you think their sexual orientation matters with their ability to raise a kid?

Do you think same sex couple are abusers, and they can't have normal human feelings like us?

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is an issue.. But this is not the problem of gay parents, but the problem of others. The ignorance and nonacceptance of others is the problem, that needs to be addressed here.

kaniths likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

How do you judge against the court's judgement?
    Why should they send the kid to NGO care or some unknown adoptive parents, while she really likes to live with her adoptive parents (gays) and these adoptive parents are as much in love with this child. Why should the court break all of their hearts, for no real reason?

Why do you think gay parents would turn abusive towards the kid? Why?
    Do you think being gay is enough to term one as an abuser?
    First of all stop seeing them as abusers or sexual animals. They are humans, and they are people with hearts as like you and me.
    Just that their sexual orientation is different. That doesn't make them a less human.

guesshoo likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

A docu-movie recommendation, If you are interested, "Tying the Knot'. (Trailer @ Youtube)

Screenshot_2016-10-27-10-04-43~01~01.png

sbonigala and vaidehi71 like this.