My Last "india"thread. Plsss Bear With Me..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Sep 30, 2016.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

@anika, i feel more than friends or india, what you need is a goal or purpose in life. you need to do things which you are passionate about. celebrating festivals, spending time with friends is fine, but these things are very very small part of life...these things are needed in life, but these things alone dont make your life happy.
    if you are not able to find satisfaction in daily chores then you need to ask yourself what is it you want to do....what can make you to go on?? if you want to work then what you want to to achieve, doing job just for the sake of money/or timepass is different than working for your passion, ambition and achievement.
    either make yourself career driven if you are not career driven types than constantly think how can you do things in more better way at home. we need to improve our self constantly in professional world, same way we shoule keep on improving our self even if we are SAHM.
    daily life is same everywhere, whether in india or elsewhere. if you are not finding satisfaction in your daily routine here, then even after moving to India , when novelty will wean off, you will start feeling the same.
    although i agree that feel of india is much better any time and it can not be replaced. But in your case i dont think its only india. I have read your other posts too. you seem to think that in india people are constantly going for meeting friends, having party etc. while it is far from truth. even in india people daily go to job, cook n clean etc. after a certain age satisfaction comes from your family life and your work (be it SAHM or some other professional work), after a certain age everybody becomes busy in their life and friendships start to become shallow. socialization/outings/relatives is just a part of life, can not be the life itself. plus the kind of person you are, i feel you are into awe of social butterflies, but you are not into too much socialization as it requires energy and time.
    please pardon me if my observations are wrong.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow your answer is awesome and you have understood me to the point!!!!!
    Can I be honest?i do like being a sahm but I also like to dress well and go out.even if I am able to get someone/dress nice and go out somehow it is bland in America..don't know why.

Last two times when I went for a vacation I went to the cream of the places in chennai!!i never knew chennai had such a sophisticated lifestyle too!!i dined in star hotels,shopped to my heart's content,went to pubs,dresses very fashionable and all this with my best friend which made it so very wow!!

A little secret?i come from a very middle class family and having a hifi life was a dream.back home,I used to do only window shopping,looking outside star hotels while going in a bus and sigh!i studied in a famous woman's college where there were rich girls who used to shop in Bangkok and wear jeans from America and it affected me.i wanted all of that!

Fortunately or unfortunately I got married too early coz of dad's death and hence did not get an opportunity to earn.i came to America and my lovely adorable husband whom I thought was not romantic showed me the world!!i went to swizz and china/ Hawaii/Bangkok etc and wore the clothes like in movies and enjoyed.after kid everything changed..another story.last two times I was able to stay in India for a long time and enjoyed like a "rich" girl.

Somehow a trance overtook me.i liked what I did and lived my dream.to top it fb friends are flaunting awesome pics and u feel like u want more..the greed has come!

My mind is pointing towards reality and my heart cannot stop yearning for the above again :)

Ok guys..please don't judge me :)

Plus sometimes when you miss family,functions I miss India

3. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

you enjoyed with your friends when you went for vacations, but if you move to india how many times you would be able to enjoy it again n again. you enjoyed it as you were getting that punch of India in meagre quantity like chilly in food, if you move to India then very soon these things will loose charm.
    You can go to india every year, and enjoy like a rich girl. but if you move to india everyday you will not do it and you will loose even this once a year chance.

I think almost everybody misses India who are living abroad. and returning back to India is good but reasons you are citing are not valid reasons. They are illusions.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True dear..
    But as I said I do miss family and the functions and warm summers
    It would be so much better if My
    Mom is with me..growing up in a joint family makes it even more tough..we used to celebrate Diwali with so many family membersFond memories

Anyways advance dilwali wishes to u and other IL members