1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Privacy In Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulip07, Oct 20, 2016.

1. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

So I was having this discussion with a female friend of mine about having password on your phones.

Almost everyone has a smart phone these days with a password on it, of course to have our own privacy/security. But when it comes to your spouse, do you think its justified if your husband doesn't share his password with you?

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

DH and I know all of each others' passwords. Neither of us is interested in invading the other's privacy, but we share anyway.

If he suddenly starts hiding something from me, we'd have a problem.

vaidehi71, deepthyanoop and kaniths like this.
  3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

we know each other's passwords. - No secrets at all
    We dont go through each other's messages, mails, bank accounts etc etc - we respect each other's privacy.

Privacy does not need to be guarded. When trust and love is respected, privacy comes automatically.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Both myself and DH knows each of our PWs. But both do not remember it, so often gets it from the other if at all we need to operate the other persons device/account. However, we are always open, and there is nothing to hide between the spouse.
    I keep my mobile open near him, and he can use my phone if he needs. I never hide it.
    I use his phone to share credits/apps etc to my phone, and I never ask his permission.
    He uses my ATM, and he knows the pin. If not he calls from the bank to know what is my PIN.

The point is that we don't hide anything with each other. We share almost everything. However, we respect each others privacy, and never interfere into other's business.

sbonigala likes this.
  5. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

its completely fine if married people don't share their passwords...if one has to cheat, they will by using another phone, pwd u wud never know n if the spouse doesn't want to cheat then he/she won't even if u don't know passwords or other details !..

in fact, in most cheating cases, the cheater spouse wud act more lovey dovey n act to gain more trust than normal to avoid suspicion on his cheating !

6. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I think we don't need to get married at all, if we need privacy.Privacy is need for the couple not between the couple:smile:.IMO its called not marriage but a contract. Me and DH share all our passwords and i feel its necessary too. When we really don't have anything to hide then whats the problem in sharing the password? I'm confused :confundio1:

deepthyanoop likes this.
  7. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Mine is a different story. DH doesn't remember either his or my passwords, for phone he doen't have a password, but for ATM and if he has to open mail box apart from his lappy,he calls me to know what is the pin/password. Sometimes I scold him for this, but the saga continues...........

8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

We both know each other's passwords. Only difference is, he keeps forgetting mine. I would NEVER forget his! :biggrin:

9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Yes. I think it is justified. As in, I don't see a reason for not having privacy when the basic trust in a marriage hasn't been broken. Every one is ano individual and needs their space. Just because they are married that basic need doesn't magically disappear.

I've been married for well over a decade and I still do not like to rummage through my husband's bedside table - even when he rings up from work and asks me to find something there. If my husband needs something from my bedside draw or home office desk, he asks too.

If my phone rings or beeps when I'm away from it, he doesn't peep into it unless I ask him and vice versa. Never mind unlocking my phone at any point.

I don't share every single thing with my husband - there are things going on in my friends' lives that he has no need to know about. And vice versa. These aren't relevant to our marriage. I would hate to breach my friends' trust and privacy.

My husband and i trust each other and that's that. Needing to know passwords or wanting that level of control seems unhealthy to me.

Sparkle, dia3, sbonigala and 2 others like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Every few day my husband has to change one or the other password and he goes...."Jaldi jaldi ek achcha sa password bata "(suggest a good password...fast):rolleyes:

As for my phone password......even my nieces know it.

guesshoo and vaidehi71 like this.