1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Used By A Friend.... :(

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by blindpup10, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

I just quoted an experience of mine and tried to offer you some suggestions which you could have very well ignored.

If ever I had a problem like this, I would have solved it myself. I dont have to write a reply to your post keeping my friends and neighbors who have bothered me in the past, in view. If I were in your place, I would help B or fir that matter, anyone who asks me for a ride or any other help without expecting anything in return, if I could and not keep a count and cribbed later. If for some reason, I could not, or did not want to, I would have told them directly and asked them to look for other options. I believe in Karma. Do good and be good as much as you can.

Yes, I have read the last two paragraphs. I see nothing wring with B refusing to eat any food. You should have taken care of your kid and left her alone. You are not responsible for her eating or not-eating. and regarding the text-message, let them know that you did not like the way she has drafted her message.

you should have said no, if you feel your friends are coming to you only when they need you and not putting in any efforts to be friends with you otherwise. I would still stick to my first post in this thread. Leave them alone, do not expect them to act or behave like you would do if you were in their place. As simple as that. Make new friends and make yourself busy. Dont waste any time and energy on them.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

bottom line - YOU ARE CORRECT....when comes to friendship everything automatically will turn mutual between, unless for some rare unavoidable circumstances, that too we can understand. If that fails, just dont care.....

sindmani likes this.
  3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Newly married, having pets are not the reasons to be inconsiderate. Newly married doesn't make a person rude or make faces to people who meet her. When I first came to US, I was married for only 2 weeks. Mine was an MTR wedding. Meaning everything happened in 2 weeks. So when I came I was exhausted and wanted to relax for a few weeks. Inspite of that when hubby's friends and wives wanted to meet me, I went along. I welcomed them and ensured we had a good time. But then that just might be me.

If B was newly married and didn't want to entertain OP she cud have told she wont be able to get together making some excuse. She going along with meeting and then making faces shows she is inconsiderate of everybody's feelings except hers. Thats inexcusable and downright rude.

I too am averse to pets. I love a cute dog, cat or rabbit picture. But I am scared of animals.I went to a few friends houses who have pets.I mention it beforehand that I am scared. I don't go there and make faces.

The lady B appears to feel entitled to all help she can get and feels she doesn't have to be polite to ask . I don't think OP is wrong in asking for basic courtesy.

I remember one of my hubby's colleague's wife was like B. When she wanted help and wanted to stop by for lunch she just did, no request nothing but when we wanted help , she wud quote how inconvenient it was.Even to her I was polite when we were in same community. Once we moved out of state , I mentioned to a common friend not to tell that lady our contact details. By then I was tired of her attitude.

People like B are so draining we end up venting to somebody or the other. OP,Hope you are doing okay getting away Good Luck.

blindpup10 and sindmani like this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

This is a long forgotten post- but for some reason- its popping up.
    Just a word or 2 to the commentator-
    Yes, we were free and we did give rides. I am not blaming myself that we were used because we gave rides. Such a misconception. I feel used because B and A decides to talk ONLY when they needed help. Call us ONLY when they need us to drop them off or pick them up, Text only when they want info, talk ONLY when they have an issue.
    It's not about giving rides or helping someone. But how much does the other person willing to keep on taking? Without basic consideration of how it may come across when they contact us ONLY when they have something.
    Yes, this is true. I wasn't expecting anything from them as a matter of fact, but necessities or a pleasant conversation once in awhile. When someone takes so many things for granted from us in the name of friendship.... Why shouldn't I be the person who has helped have a minimum expectation? I am a human too, right?? I am not god. Somehow, I am expected to let go, accept and even tolerate from her first hand but I have to be belittled, questioned when I vent about it??

WOW!! First even in my original post- I didn't even expect B to be my hip buddy or wanted her to discuss details with me. You can be friendly without sharing your personal details. Maybe some people don't know that.

- Thank you. I agree with her too. Maybe you were too clouded to see it.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. blindpup10

Hahahaha- At least with the word rented- there is a time limit. With the word "use" who knows when I will be called upon. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  6. blindpup10

Let's close this thread moderator.
    thanks again everyone for indulging in my pain/ vent.
    Appreciate everyone's perspective.

7. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Wow lots of caps in your reply! why do you think that I am belittling you, questioning you when I just tried to offer you a different perspective? And why do you think now that I was too clouded to see someone's reply? This is the last one from me on this thread, just so you know.

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

I had seen such kind of people and used by them like you. I just stopped encouraging the relationship. Later they got shifted other station, not even bother Ed to inform us about their relocation. Again one day got a call from her as they have some personal work in our town so planning to stay in our home. I just replied ohh is it...

Don't give your hand or put down your self respect for undeserved persons

9. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Sorry old thread.. I didn't check that

10. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Why was it that op never contacted a and b through text or WhatsApp. Most people complaint that others don't contact them unless they have some work. OP, did u ever message them any time saying hi, how are you. What was her response then.