1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pets

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Caide, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hi all I am just sharing point of view so consider this thread just like that and share your views

I was wondering somethings about pets and the following video made me post this thread.

This video is same as my story when I had parrot as my pet. I always wanted to have parrots as my pet and wanted to play with them and finally bought a couple when I was in 10th standard.:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I was very glad and was taking care of them as much as I can. I used to open the cage whenever I was in home and tried to interact only to get bite as response. :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:Since their feathers were cut short it was very difficult for them to fly still they tried and managed to escape which made me to set them free.

We as a mankind like to interact, enjoy, laugh and live with our own kind. And never had a single thought for a single minute to live in jungle with animals around us and with no human being around. Why? Because we are humans and we can and want to live with our own mankind and enjoy our lives. If 6 sense human beings are feeling this way.. wont the animals feel it? This was I thought at that age and set them free in a safer place.

Yeah some have cats, dogs as our pets and pamper them like their own kids, threat them properly and take care of them and yeah this is far better than the pets like cats and dogs being thrown in streets and beaten and finding it difficult to get food and getting into accidents but still like us they also wants to live with their kind right?

At night if one dog howl at night that’s all the dogs from nearby neighborhood start to howl too it’s their way of communication sometime it may be threat or happy howl but we just make them to keep quiet because it disturb our sleep. But we are not caged like pets nor having a belt around our neck to be pulled whenever needed.

We say stories and teach kids union is strength and say an example of three oxen and lion… pigeons and hunter but still cage them as pets. Of course they are caged in zoos but still they are with their family. And whenever i see pets i want to set them free but if they were mine i will do it for sure but since its others i can only post thread like this one to share my view:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Cats and dogs are far better than having lion,snake as pets ;);););)

Pet lovers and The ones who got their own pets don’t take this post offensively I am just sharing my point of view

rai, Sparkle and vaidehi71 like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

This is exactly the reason for me not having pets.
    I feel everyone would be happy to have some freedom in their life and never like to be in a prison. Exception of course is humans as we lock ourself in our homes at night!:eek:o_O:D. Maybe even during daytimes, for safety purposes!:)
    But on the whole I would prefer that they are having some freedom than in cages.
    But dogs or cats if you are going to save them from shelters and give them a happy home would be fine. :)
    Good thought provoking snippet.

rai and Caide like this.
  3. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah true like 101 dalmatians movie :D

rai and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. umaakumar

umaakumar Gold IL'ite

Dear Caide,

Good Post.

I too had a parrot as a pet. I was in a village at the time. This parrot was with a gypsy and i felt very sorry for him and bought him. But after a few days felt very sorry to cage him. But like you said he could not fly as his wings were clipped. Since it was a village there was a guy who had lots of cows in his farm and his cow shed had some parrots who frequented this place. So he said he would let this parrot here till it wings grew.

Generally I too do not like the ideas of caging any animal or bird. Saying this I would like to tell you I have always had dogs. Mostly Indian dogs at home. Now i have a 14 & 13 year old pomerian given to me by a friend.

Like Vaidehi said I am for people who can adopt stray cats and dogs and give them a home. I feel very sorry for them when i see their pathetic condition on the roads.

Regards
    Uma

Caide likes this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Caide, cool post. :thumbsup:

Watch this documentary. It's long but I think you'll find it very interesting.

Caide likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

thank you :) yeah blue cross sometimes i wonder they really exist or not

7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

thank you for sharing this video

Amica likes this.
  8. umaakumar

umaakumar Gold IL'ite

Dear Amica,

Thanks for sharing the video. It was good