What Have You Done Or Doing To Defeat Mundaneness In Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SeekingMind, Oct 19, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

That's wonderful!

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear

SeekingMind likes this.
  3. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

I have never truly understood what boredom is and would always be surprised when people complained of boredom. I always felt clear headed and had many interests.

However, of late, I cannot say "mundaneness" but yes somewhere that repetitive routine is creating a fatigue. I started finding myself pulled in many different directions from trying to be a dance teacher, to arts and crafts, to writing a book to learning an instrument to starting a blog.... the list is endless. Until I realized I am going through a true midlife crisis. It is a roller-coaster ride and I am just waiting for it to pass and not spending time or money on things I may not pursue and are just fleeting bursts of interests which most likely I would be unsuccessful at leaving me more frustrated.

Sometimes "normal" is good enough - a job to wake up to, a steady in-coming paycheck, no shortage of food, water and other necessities, entertainment now and then, and the quiet to be able to sleep, and of course a friend or relative to share life with. Aspiring to do something different, be different, experience different, can be draining and not at all required.

Always reminds me of the quote from a blog written by a survivor of the Air India hijack years ago. At the end of the days or ordeal she ends the blog with "whoever said normal is boring has no idea what they are talking about because she was so happy to get back to normal life".

4. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Maybe, I am in the same boat.

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I am grateful for a boring life. It's not easy to come by. :blush:

KashmirFlower and SeekingMind like this.
  6. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Maybe..seekingmind...
    But any phase of life has to be lived through, constructively and positively. It may be few years, before this phase is over. The calm before children prepare for college. Take time to reflect on your life, goals, bucket list. You do not have to break your bank to live purposefully.

Seek a friend, a sounding board...it can be your mother, your neighbor, go for ladies night out.

Live with a purpose, short term and long term goals...revisit an old hobby..

One does not have to wait for the ride to be over, to actually enjoy the ride. This is a great time for you.

Thanks to evolution and civilization, we have the so-called lull (read mid-life crisis) before the silence of being an empty nester and the chaos of being a grandmother!!
    Cave women could only experience motherhood, if they were really lucky.

As with all phases of life, one to live with grace and purpose.

SeekingMind likes this.