1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Can Deal With Two Angry Parents, But Not One

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 21, 2016.

1. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Sounds like my situation.

Need create healthy boundaries and control the conversation.

Some people are unhappy no matter what.

My coworker complained he is stuck with all work. Then boss hired someone to help him. Now coworker complaind he needs to spend time to get new person up to speed.

I have to.learn some people are unhappy no matter what. Even if I an better than Ivanka Trump he will still be unhappy for some reason and create all sorts of drama.

3. ChennaiExpress

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, As much as you feel you have to do something here, there is no ground to put your feet on. Your dad and mom married for their own reasons but easily blame you becoz you are the third person who hasn't done anything here.Dont go ahead and fuel their blame. You need to realize something, too much water has flown under the bridge to keep your parents from squabbling. Yes I said squabbling becoz everything from marriage to fights here is baseless. They don't know how to resolve among themselves hence they conveniently pile it on you.

Your dad may indirectly feel responsible for your failed marriage along with everything else.You need to move out and move out asap. Otherwise you will be looking for fulfillment in such marriage in future. You need to be mentally well rested to make future plans in your life. Move out and slowly reduce visits to your parents to get a healthy approach about everything around you.Its for your own good and for your parents to make a definite choice about their life. With no punching bag, they will make that choice. They are carrying a dead weight which they transfer to you from time to time and you think unknowingly you are the reason for this. You will be doing yourself and your parents a favor by moving out. Do it and start dating even casually. That will ease your mind . Good Luck.

vaidehi71 and yellowmango like this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

I would love to do that.

And my concern is finding the right person, rather than escape from frying pan into fire.

You are totally correct!

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Its just dating. You have to find bad eggs to find good one. Don't think too much in process of meeting someone. 2 meetings you will know who is a possibility and who is not. Enjoy dating time. Meet different people. You have to kiss many frogs to know which one can transform into your prince.Dont burden yourself with thinking you will emulate your parents marriage. You need to clear your mind of their dynamics to get a fresh healthy perspective on marriage or for that matter male- female interaction.Right now start apartment hunting to start off mentally the indepence process.Good Luck.

momsky likes this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

Thank you Dear

8. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

Do you mean the bullying incident? Yeah, she is doing well. NBD, these things are a part of growing up. I used to think that was really bad until I heard about a terrible incident that happened to two of my friends who have kids in middle school. This also made me realize that it can happen to anybody. Seriously, I am NOT looking forward to middle school!
    Thank you for asking :)

9. ChennaiExpress

More people are turning to home-schooling .... something to think about.

Or can you join the middle school's PTA. That way Administrators know you personally, and may better care for your child.

10. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

We have researched homeschooling and also had conversations with my friends who homeschool even before dd started K. I deeply respect homeschoolers, but it's not for us. Besides I won't be letting bullies chase us away from school. I'm on the PTA right now and will continue being in it. Dd still has a loooong time until middle school :) thank you because you care!

ChennaiExpress likes this.