1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Father In The World!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by harleendadhwal, Sep 23, 2016.

1. harleendadhwal

harleendadhwal New IL'ite

I am avoiding to go that way as my mom is so worried about people and so called society! My stupid dad hasn't given any happiness to my mother and I don't want to hurt her by bringing police and lawyers into all this. My mom's upbringing is different and divorce is still a big thing for them.

Hats off to you though!No wander why these men act the way they do because our mothers/women spoil them and let them keep doing whatever they want to do. There are times when I feel so helpless and I wish I was as strong as you to call the police and to get my dad arrested or filing domestic abuse case against him.

2. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

i said ur mom not about ur father realising his mistake.why bother whether he realises or not .be a responsible adult .everyone is entitled peaceful home if u dont have it naturally make it thats all

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

It took me several tries to make that phone call

Afterwards my Dad was upset because of the potential fallout, and was so scared.

Few years later he says that it worked out for the best.

Bravery takes time to build.

When you are calling the police, say that YOU are scared, YOU are terrified. Then the authorities will handle the rest. You tell the police how your mom is scared of divorce, what society will say, etc.

Police may also ask your mom certain things. If you mom's English is poor, can you speak Punjabi for her?

When police came to me, they said next time, marry someone from USA who has job rather than get someone from India who is not working.

One police even said the people from India disregard women, because women are raped, and politicians excuse the criminals, and how one rape victim was hanged.

I guess this is part of police training, but if Australia is anything like US (probably is), the laws will favor women over men, especially in cases like yours.

Perhaps the police in Australia are well trained and are familiar with Punjabis (lot of them go to Australia).

Pray to God, ask for His guidance, and when you feel the time is right, call the Police.