1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Become Mentally Strong And Bold?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by generic, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Prishaa

Prishaa Senior IL'ite

Hello.. I also face similar situation like you.. I knw its quite difficult to stay positive all time.. I too get hurt by anyone very easily or keep thinking about past or future repeatedly.. But m working on it since sometime nw.. What helped me was.. Just write down the entire feeling on piece of paper along with saying I ll never think of it again and just tear it.. Another is any bad thought you get just observe it.. Don't entertain it.. Watch it just like clouds passing by..

generic likes this.
  2. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

First and foremost you should have your own view on every matter that affects you, based on knowledge, social awareness, rational, objectivity, and values. It means that you should read, listen, think, keep yourself updated, and articulate. You should be self aware, should know your strength and weakness, and develop the courage to ask for help when needed. All these leads to self-belief, which is the foundation for self-respect. When you have the self-respect, rest will come naturally, including respect from others. The beauty of self-respect is that, you will be open for other's view and criticism, you will be able to articulate your views without any fear, you wont be hurt, and most importantly self-respect allows you to accept your mistake gracefully.

Please be alert about the thin line between ego and self respect- many people have super ego, but lack self-respect, confuse ego with self-respect. Ego is primarily an hollow emotion, self-respect is not. Egoistic person will easily get hurt, a person with self-respect is not. Good luck to you.

generic, swapna15, kcb and 4 others like this.