1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whats App Privacy Etc

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Whats App Privacy Etc

On face book I see a lot of friends sounding worried over the privacy issues over Whats App sharing the phone details to Face Book, who is the owner. So a letter has been made which says, I do not give the right to Whats App to share my information etc etc. and every other person is following suit.

Honestly to be honest is a crime in this world. I used to add someone on my phone, say on a Monday, and by Wednesday, that information used to be sent by whats app to Facebook, and on FB I would ask me, do u know so and so , do u want to be friends with him ? I used to wonder, how uncanny, I just added this fellow a day back, and how come ? So it was obvious to me, that Whats App was giving the information to FB.

Now FB has come out in the open and saying that WA is giving us the information, and we will use it to send u advtermisments , and earn some revenue from u freeloaders. Yes we are using their services for free. I asked many friends, would u pay say a 100 bucks a month for Whats app, and they said no, I said why , and they say, there are many free competitors to WA !!!

I guess we all forget , that there is no free lunch. WA was free for so long and it is a wonderful instrument. Phone calls are free anywhere in the world, pics go, videos, and u can chat. Voice quality is very clear.In fact when BSNL cheats me on festival days, cancelling my free minutes, and charges me 1/- a minute call, I just start making whats app calls even for local numbers and for india, and I save a lot fo money. Whats App does not take advantage, they are free for all days of the year.

I would pay anyday, to have Whats App, also pay for the blogging sites, Face Book. Don’t we pay for the internet services, so what is wrong to pay for these wonderful services. I for one would happily pay, though most wont agree with me. Never mind, this is democracy.

And why mind our phone nos being used by FB. When people like plumbers electricians, sweepers, watchmen have our numbers and we have theirs, so what is the harm in Mark Zuckerburg and his company having my number.

Do not our service providers like Air tel and others sell our info, the email like yahoo and others too do the same, we get advertisements in our mails and in our SMS.

So among all these, if Mark wishes to have my number, I feel privileged.

HAHA

A MOUSE HAS BEEN FOUND ON A FOREIGN AIRLINE, AND THE SEARCH FOR IT TOOK A COUPLE OF HOURS.Ultimately the bugger was found, and ejected/deported. But since the duty hours of the pilots got over waiting for the rascal to be found, the palne got delayed by 48 hours. Well what I don’t understand, why don’t they have mouse traps aboard the aircraft, and passengers should be encouraged to throw morsels for the fellow to come and eat, and while eating, another passenger whacks him, and catch it by its tail and shoves it down the toilet and fliush the fellow.

Why do everyone blame Indian mouses, this happens everywhere.HAHA

Have a great week ladies and gentlemen.Smile

KAMAL MAHTANI

Dahi-Handi festival teaches us the Corporate lesson:

1. All Cannot be on top...

2. As you rise so the risk...

3. Ground Level bears the maximum load...

4. And the top guy eats the 'माखन'

Man confessing to Priest via WhatsApp....

Man : "Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I message dirty jokes and view women's pictures on my mobile."

Father : "Forward all your sins to me."

Best Traffic Advertisement of Year :

Picture of Lord Ganesha holding a Helmet with a Saying : "Take care of Ur Head, Not every 1 gets a Replacement like Me."

Punjabi version - Lord Ganesh holding helmet n saying : "ullu de pattho helmet pa lao, tuhada pyo Shivji nai hega"

Good Morning Friends.

Pedro was driving down the Las Vegas street in a Mercedes. He had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.

Looking up to heaven he said, "Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up my Whiskey. I will give up Gambling and smoking too !"

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

Pedro looked up again and said, "Never mind, I found one ! Sorry I bothered you !!"

....We all are Pedro...

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I just don't understand the app stuff. Initially I used to believe that app was the pet name of Appalam (Tamil for papad). It is good that I haven't got into any of the app business. That would prevent Jeff Katzenburg from making money off me.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    This is a necessary evil these days, and it is free.And if u dont have whats app, i can assure u, no girl wil fall for u. Not even a granny.HAHA
    So buck up and get one, i mean the app,not the lady.
    Regards
    kamal

4. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

I feel data sharing is dangerous because.........already crimes have been committed against young women by anonymous people in facebook..........

Swathi alleged murderer in chennai befriended her in facebook....Nothing seems wrong on her part as she chose to ignore his comments in facebook........but he seemed to a deadly violent stalker..............every one knows about the consequent murder.......

Morphed Facebook photo of a woman in Salem in Tamil Nadu drives her to suicide as her complaint in police station was not handled swiftly.....there was delay in identifying the culprit..........

Whatsapp Phone number is sensitive data........facebook photos too.......hence synchronizing such data may create more vulnerable dangerous information exposure about women............Hope Facebook company handles with care............

sindmani and songbird46 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Once Facebook acquired Whatsapp, they are free to modify the terms and conditions of privacy laws. Already, Facebook has some very controversial privacy rules. I am not a big Whatsapp user but I am sure they announced new privacy rules for people to decide whether they agree or disagree.

User data is a very big value for all the corporations nowadays and Facebook enjoys such a high market cap just for that. The users have a choice either to agree to the privacy rules or pull out of both Facebook and Whatsapp. I am not sure whether mere unilateral publishing that the company doesn't have a right to my privacy would prevent them from accessing my data. The fine print when I sign up may have irrevocable right to data.

The Government is not in a position to enforce privacy laws well because they are themselves violators of privacy but using Meta Data to flush out terrorists. They have all our emails, internet surfing data and much more.

Viswa

sindmani and songbird46 like this.
  6. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

@Kamalji,
    good post, great jokes!

@viswa,
    Sir, our ignorance is their gain.
    But if you think how busy our lives have become, and what a pesky annoyance it is to fend off cold callers 10 times a day, not to mention blocking & deleting spam...I could do without more people having access to my data.
    I tried to hype Hike messenger to my near & dear ones. It had calling facility & allowed huge files to be sent long before WhatsApp did. Also, a great collection of desi stickers. With the intention of providing a fillip to 'Made in India' I asked a lot of people to join. But WA has too strong a stranglehold on everyone.
    Ah well, I'm not on Facebook and I don't have much of a Web presence. But I still think we should be vigilant about encroachment on our data, so I have strict privacy controls everywhere - an effort equivalent to a newborn kitten's puling & mewling, I know, but one must not give up on the good fight.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Kamalji ,

Surely, a mobile phone is different from internet as a means of communication. Even when the owner is the same, ethically the privacy of members should not be automatically shared between WA and FB.

These Apps are all sensitive to user preferences. Over a period if WA users find FB is exploiting them they will migrate to another equivalent App and WA will die.

I agree that a fee can be levied for WA services, which is a great. But there are millions who use WA and yet cannot afford a fee, like school going kids, or people below poverty line.

As no app for business can survive on loss for ever, there is surely a business model by which WA survives, despite giving free service to users. In my opinion, WA can continue the same model.

Enjoyed the jokes. Thanks.

sindmani, vaidehi71 and songbird46 like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I do not want to give my mobile no. Or too many details about me online. Commercial calls and commercial messages are a big bother. Even without giving the details mail boxes are full of junk giving a feeling that all my mails are read and everything is public! Deleting them daily is a big headache daily.
    Jokes are hilarious...
    Especially rats in aircraft. If morsels of food given by passengers....more than half of the food served on planes would go to rats!
    Syamala

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,

IMPORTANT.

If you do not want your whatsApp Account data to be shared (even if you have already said yes to new Terms and conditions) follow these steps.

1.Go to WhatsApp App in your phone.
    2.Click settings at the bottom Right Hand corner
    3.Click Account
    4.Click Privacy
    5. Change Green "Yes" to White "No"

You have changed your option in Terms and Conditions.

ashima10, jskls and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    Even the users of best Apple I phones, which are supposed to be free from virus malice, face serious security issues and frequently have to do software updates, lest our phones are hacked. The problem is more acute when we are doing online transactions. So though one may be comfortable having complete strangers as online friends, our phone numbers or our profiles landing at wrong hands could spell danger. Particularly for women.

Agatha83

Suparni, Lathasv, SunPa and 1 other person like this.