1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the odd one out

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by FreeSpirit20, Aug 11, 2012.

1. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Hey FreeSpirit,

You are not odd one out. I was also in same boat. Me and my DH is also from different culture which made my marriage a painful remembrance. No one was completely happy. But i never regret it. My marriage was very simple ( no relative from my or my IL side came to attend ), so hardly 20-25 people but we compensate for it by having a good HM plan and we are actually happy with the way our marriage happened as we were able to save our money which would have been wasted on all show-off and got our own house and car within 2 years of our marriage :)

1 person likes this.
  2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Daddy bird, Are you reading this ??????????

2 people like this.
  3. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Daddy bird does not know IL exist and I like it that way ;)

How can be "whack where ever" necessary when the belt is in my hand as long as I have pujari mama in my pocket? Marriage teaches us lots of vices...selective blackmail is one of them. :)

2 people like this.
  4. spicychai

spicychai New IL'ite

I wrote a lengthy post on another forum: Wedding in Shantikunj Ashram, Haridwar - what to expect?

Yes my wedding did not at all go as I wanted. There was surprise, shock, some disappointment....

Would I have changed details of my wedding? Honestly, yes. It was short, simple and sweet but there is still an ache in me if I could go back and redo the wedding Iyer-style, I would have. At a Haridwar wedding, at least I wore my traditional madisar! I was a very unique bride compared to others! :)

Am I happy in my marriage? Yes, yes a thousand times yes!

I will remember, a wedding is just one day but a marriage lasts forever!

vaidehi71 likes this.