1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions - Should I Wait For Him?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sneha1985, Aug 24, 2016.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I sent an interest to a guy on matrimony site and he accepted it the next day, asked for my contact details, I sent him details on 2nd day and he called me on the 3rd day. We talked over the phone for about 30 mins. He said that he doesn't believe in talking until his parents matches the horoscopes and until we exchange our bio-data, but since his parents already matched our horoscopes based on birth details mentioned on my profile and they were matching (some 27-28 points), he wanted to move forward. He said he doesn't like talking over the phone or chatting, but wants to meet face-face to know a person better and I said believe in talking over the phone or meeting in person to know each other better. He told me to ask my parents to match kundali's so we can move further. My parents don't believe in kundali matching and so I said I can talk further without that. He sounded very excited after knowing me that day and wanted to schedule a meeting immediately but he said he cannot meet this month, so we thought of keeping something for next month. He was ready to drive 10 hours to my city. He even asked me how much time will I take to decide after we meet to which I replied that I don't have an exact answer for that and depends on how the meeting goes. He told me he gets a big vacation in mid of next year and if everything goes fine, can we marry at that time. Before hanging up the call, he told me he was going to call me back and would be sending me his bio-data that same evening.

2 days later, he sent me his bio-data and pics, called me to inform me about it, ask for my bio-data and pics for his parents and also to finalize on our meeting. We finalized a date and time for mid of next month. This time before hanging up, he didn't tell me anything like he is going to call me back. I sent him my bio-data after that. It's been a week now and I haven't heard anything from him. There has been no contact at all.

Am not sure if this guy was serious or not. Or if he was serious, possibly his parents could have not liked me after looking at my pics. If that's the case, he could have atleast informed me. At this point, I am not sure of what I should be doing. I don't know if he is going to show up on mid of next month. Since our meeting is about 20 days away, I thought he will keep in touch over the phone as he sounded very interested in me. My parents were ok with me meeting him initially, but now since there is no contact at all, they want to tell him no if he doesn't contact me by end of this month. They are skeptical on his point of him not liking to text/phone, but just meeting in person. They told me there is no point in meeting him if he doesn't talk at other time at all.

Lady1 likes this.

2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I would give him the benifit of doubt and just drop an email or message asking if he got your bio-data. If he still does not respond, take the hint and forget him. May be he does not want to sound desperate, may be he thought of contacting you a week before your meetup, or may be he is really not interested. It is all speculation, as of now I dont see any mojor thing to worry about. Best wishes OP!

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Try to email him once. All the best

sneha1985 likes this.
  4. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

It's possible that his parents didn't quite approve or they did approve but he is yet to communicate. But what worries me more is how clinically he is going about dealing with a matrimonial alliance as if he's a hiring manager who is hiring for a role.

My personal experience tells me to never believe a guy who puts horse before the cart- i.e makes big talk about marriage date, time and location etc before he and the woman have met or even begun to get to know each other. Plus going by his query on 'how long you will take to decide after meeting' indicates he's in a rush as if he's trying to schedule his wedding just right. On a lighter note, I'm wondering if he's already blocked the dates, paid for a marriage hall, signed on caterers and is interviewing several women simultaneously, waiting to 'sign-on' the perfect one.

I can only speak from personal experience and my approach is to never tail a guy. I'd say forget him right now. If he doesn't give you a heads-up 10 days to 2 weeks before the meeting, you should be making other plans. Also, when he can be so lax and inattentive in calling or initiating conversations at this stage, if I were in your place, I'd even go as far as missing his call at least once and let him try and reach me again if he's really that serious. I wouldn't be emailing him or contacting him to follow up on biodata and such. Are you a job applicant ? Do you have to email him to remind him that you exist ? I'm sure he got your bio, I'm sure he's sent them across to his parents, and I'm sure his parents have given feedback too. I don't believe the man was so 'BUSY' during his weekend to not be able to even call a woman he is supposedly interested in.

If you think my advice is brutal, all I will say is having a no-nonsense approach is the best way to weed out flaky characters and to avoid ending up in a marriage where you are continuously second guessing yourself.

I don't approve of the high-handed, clinical approach of this guy, and I'd say rather than think about him you should be making plans to meet more interesting guys or at least those who genuinely appear to be interested in you. You should consider him only when he re-appears to make his presence and interest more clearly known.

Also , why is this thread under 'Married Life' when you guys aren't even married. It should technically be under 'Single Life' I presume @IL_Admin ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

There is a possibility that along with you he is simultaneously seeing/dating couple of other girls too and will decide once finally. So, don't get skeptical or disappointed. Wait till the date you both agreed to meet and see how it goes. If you have his email or other way to contact, then drop in a message and wait....thats all. See how it goes. Sometimes, there is a possibility he became busy with work or some thing. Give some benefit of doubt to him. Just wait till your meeting date.

sneha1985 and Rihana like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I think you should keep looking for more matches.This one doesn't have he time to drop a message.

sneha1985, NeetaR and anehstar like this.
  7. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Well I would suggest you to forget this guy and try the next one.
    This is very common on matrimonial websites. You must be actively looking for a match and must be serious but sometimes the other person is just not into it. The guys show great enthusiasm before meeting and then abruptly stop after few months of beating around the bush.
    There is also a probability of him seeking other matches in parallel.
    I have also faced a similar situation. The guy kept talking and fixing the meeting date and then used to fool around. This continued for 3 months and then I blocked him. Later I felt that I wasted my 3 months unnecessarily with him planning and postponing the meeting plans.
    A piece of advise for you -- Never go ahead with the guy who is not too serious in taking things further. If he really liked you and would want to meet, he would have definitely made an attempt to talk to you after fixing the meeting date. I agree people get busy with their work but they definitely do have time to drop a message mentioning about there busyness in life!!
    Also,very imp: please involve your parents in such matters. Do not plan and fix meetings and all with guys alone. Have your parents have a word with his parents and fix a suitable date when you both can meet. This is a better approach and shows the seriousness and genuineness of both parties.
    If you still feel he is worth a last chance, Do not send a reminder email right now. Better wait for the meeting date and check a day before if he would want to meet. If he says No or gives some excuses, Forget him completely.
    All the best!!

sneha1985, NeetaR and yellowmango like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If he is too busy to send a message or give a call....he is too busy for marriage.

9. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Seriously @yellowmango .. Doesn''t sound genuine!! :shakehead:
    Also, OP as per your last line in the message, I totally agree with what your parents are saying. 99% of the time, they are Right!!

sneha1985 likes this.
  10. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I think I do agree with you. My parents even though they are unhappy with the kind of approach he took, they told me that if I am super interested in this guy, they are ready to call his parents and see what's going on and if they are still interested. I refused them to call his parents and let every go as it is now.

Main thing I am feeling bad about is him making plans without consulting his parents first and giving me hopes. Or on the other side, I shouldn't have believed whatever he said about meeting and that he is very much interested in me and all that stuff. He definitely sounded as he was in hurry to get married.

I am in talks with other guy and he sounds much caring right now.

anehstar likes this.