1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Help Or Taking Advantage

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by harun, Aug 24, 2016.

1. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

Its about the cold war between 2 of my neighbours.
    ONE FAMILY IN ground floor,another one in 4th floor.Both the family kids children study in same school and travel by school bus.the school bus drops the kids just outside the compound.parents need to go and open the compund gate which is opened from inside.
    Ground floor 2 kids comes in diffrent timings
    4th floor 2 kids comes along with one of the kid of ground floor.
    To receive the kids while returning always the mother from ground floor goes becoz she can hear the BUS HORN ,the 4th floor lady doesn't come down for receiving her kids.tHIS SEEMS TO HAVE IRRITATED the ground floor lady,as she needs to make sure all have come in and take a little amount of responsibility of the other 2 kids too.Also the 4th floor kids r naughty ...
    Is it HELP or taking advantage by the 4th floor family.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Ask the 4th floor person to know the right arrival timing of the school bus and wait there for her children before 10 minutes of the actual arrival

guesshoo and Rihana like this.
  3. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

seems the ground floor lady has told 4th floor person similar way but she isn't coming even after that.

4. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

The ground floor woman will have easier access to the gate so instead of the 4th floor one coming all the way down, the ground floor lady can go open it for the kids. Anyway, her child is also coming at the same time. It would be like extra work for her if her kid is not in the group of kids coming at that time. But thats not the case here.
    If the 4th floor kids go straight up after they enter the compound then its not an issue. But if they loiter around the area doing mischief and disturbing others then the ground floor woman should bring this to the notice of their parents.

KashmirFlower and sindmani like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is only one way around this - the school should make a rule that bus driver can leave only after a legal guardian or assigned adult has acknowledged receiving all the dropped off kids. And the ground floor lady should take charge of only her kid.

If I were very peeved and living on the ground floor, I would go pick up kids from school myself on random days. Terribly passive aggressive that'd be.

Don't kids carry cell phones now-a-days?

6. SeekingMind

BTW how old are the kids. If the kids are very young then 4th floor lady should come down to get her kids. If they are little older, they can go on their own.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Rihana

I have a feeling OP might be the groundfloor lady, so will say a bit more in her defense myself:

Receiving two more kids is not so trivial. It is a big responsibility. Kids can be naughty, and up to mischief as they get off from the bus. It needs an adult to keep an eye on them, make sure they are carrying belongings properly, not fighting with each other. Sometimes they bring home a project or something, and need help carrying that. And, it kind of becomes the groundfloor lady's responsibility to see them safely into the lift.

Kids throw up too. And they are full of germs after school.

Plus above all, for me- pickup time is a special time with my kid(s). They will be most likely to tell about what happened at school and other stuff. Having to keep an eye on other kids at that time everyday, would piss me off too. If I take my kid's heavy bag, I have to take the bags of all kids, and that will lead to back problems in later life.

8. SeekingMind

Thats why I asked how old they are. Also, if the 4th floor one is atleast watching the bus come or napping till the kids knock on the door.......thats also important. Its always best to talk out such things clearly and tell the 4th floor one.

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This.
    Why would any one give up this to any one else?The smile that your little ones give as they rush towards you.:rolleyes:

Anyways...it would have been fine if the two ladies were great friends and the 4th floor one was reciprocating the favor in some way.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  10. Rihana

Have to change out of nightie to go down to gate?

dimhere and yellowmango like this.