1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pbm in dealing with mil.. jus venting out!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nikkimom83, May 22, 2013.

1. pkamaths

pkamaths Silver IL'ite

kitna painting karne ka.... my hobby is cooking.... i love cooking :bonk..... and her hobby is to like everything that i want to do.... if i start gardening even she will start .... if i start stitiching even she will start.... it is like one competition.... no relaxment or doing things for enjoyment.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
    blessings1010 likes this.
  2. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

I would say you got a good mil. Just join her while cooking saying that you want to know her method of cooking. You can pass time In Doing some hand work

3. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

They are miles away from the fact to accept that what we cooks could impress our DH. :bonk

4. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

what a nice issue .. i wish my mil gets in competition and starts doing all by herself .. i will totally relaxxxxxxxxxxxx..
    ohmy god i will do lots of things ifi m idle :) .. I will watch lot of english movies, i will do pedicure , manicure , facial . i will watch romantic movies... I will do lots and lots which will be fun

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Think of this one month off every year as your vacation time.Plan in advance. Join classes,get together with friends...take time off to bond with hubby and kids.
    If she likes finishing your stitching projects....start a few before she comes so that she gets busy finishing them. you can sneak into the kitchen then. Get her to make pickles for the whole year for you .

6. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Gurpreetsingh and yellowmango thanks for nice ideas. Let me try next time when she visit. Hope she doesnt take me in a wrong way when i enjoy.;)

7. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

ditto here. She will run from her bedroom to ours if she gets to know I am giving medicine to DH or giving him back massage. Control freak woman! Whatever I do is wrong because its done by me.

8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

-------
    Yes yes I know what you mean- cooking = control on the household, control on our lives. IF the cooking is good, I will not mind letting her cook. But the whole household gets scared of her cooking- what to do?
    for my MIL, me and co-sis are the spoiled rich brats because we use dishwasher for washing utensils ( not storing), washer dryer ( dont clean every single cloth by hand), food processor for cooking huge meals, juicer for juicing fruits. We do not know how to organize anything, use anything properly. Whatever we do is wrong, that can be done better -only by her. OH the list goes on and on