Confession…whats Urs For Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by justanothergirl, Jul 21, 2016.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

welcome to IL. Many years ago...I attended an interview which was supposed to be for someone with expertise in a specific domain. The interviewer ...had very rudimentary knowledge about mine so grilled me with questions I had not the faintest idea about. I was completely stumped..they were the kind of questions u cannot work ur way through..u either knew or u didn't...I walked away thinking why do they want someone who can produce answers by googling.
    Anyway easier to say now..but it was the hardest few weeks afterward. And all I can say now..I am glad I didn't join that shop.

2. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

I just realized the power of vent! Feels kind of lite. Thanks @kcb .

justanothergirl, Sairindhri and kcb like this.
  3. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

That's a good expression! Venting the emotions away does make you feel lighter and makes you revive your energy again!
    Yes, failing stone is the stepping stone for success!

justanothergirl and VijayaRaghu like this.
  4. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

Agree with you@Sairindhri. But how strong lady you were, situations pulls you back that hardly to let you down. So fighting over it, its just me and my thoughts. Sometimes these thoughts plays the devil role, and Mom was the one always used to keep me high and stronger. Feeling her absence. Will be fine, once I accept her non visible presence.

justanothergirl and Sairindhri like this.
  5. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Ha Ha

Thanks for that compliment! :)Not at all sure, whether it is right or wrong!!!:rolleyes:
    You should read that snippet recently written 'Me and my mind' , a well articulated poem by Padma0604. Please go read it, you would find some calmness, after reading that.:)
    You never knew how I was a couple of days ago:(. Live life as it comes, be cheerful with what you have, a husband and good kids. Remember job alone is not life, consider it as some sabbatical you are having whilst working.:D. I liked your name as well, have someone I know with that name.:cool:

Regarding your mother, not sure what you are meaning here, so whatever just take it slow and be cheerful!

Cheers!

PS: In hindsight, I am thinking you are pulling my legs with that compliment!!!:tonguewink::lol:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    justanothergirl and VijayaRaghu like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@blessings1010, feel better soon.

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Ditto. :blush:

dimhere likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

My confession for the day: Some days I wish IL had a Dislike button. :facepalm:

KashmirFlower likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gauri is right about 'the race is long and in the end, it is only with yourself'

I also had one such interview that I used to recall in minute detail for years and cringe cringe cringe.. every thing the dress I wore, the car I had, the street I parked, the spot i parked on... used to look out in stores to check if the interviewer(s) were around! 3-4 people interviewed, one by one. 2 went OK. The third one, I was stumped at a question, and it got awkward as he was from my hometown, and we had earlier made small talk about that. He even said, I'll go get a drink of water (must have meant restroom), take your time.. he came back after a while, I was still stuck. : (

The next interviewer, also took a break in the interview, but before leaving the conf. room, said, 'try... you won't be able to crack this problem even if I give you half a day' : ) He was famous for doing that to all interviewees, so it was nothing personal LOL. : ) anyway, he saw me out too... and had the most funny sarcastic smile on his face as he said "we'll be in touch with you." The hiring gal got back to my recruiter with a "we really like her... but unfortunately cannot hire...." Where is the hiding-under-chair smiley when I need it!

Was a horrible experience. And to top it, I was between jobs, and we needed the second paycheck to come through before our maiden escrow! Not for cash, but for loan approval.

anyway, long story long : ) in the end race was with myself only........ I am now at a point where ... well.. people openly admire/envy me, my ability/potential/re-invention and I am so freaking proud of myself somedays.....

Hopefully, one day I will run into either of them in the grocery store. : )

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  10. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Amica likes this.