1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil keeps eye on every stuff/accessory/clothes I have!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kettie, Mar 5, 2016.

1. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

AGREE 100% with "The fine line between mother and MIL is MIL is always competing with you for her son's attention.". Can you imagine MIL took selfies and pics with my hubby wearing my hat, aviators and trench coat at Niagara Falls? If i would not have objected, she would have worn my romper too. In the whole trip, from NY to Niagara and back, DH and I have 0 Pics or selfies. And now she doesn't want any pictures of me and DH in our house. She keeps looking weirdly at our picture wall in the bedroom. Sometimes, I just want to :smash2::smash2::smash2::smash2::smash2::smash2:

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@blessings1010
    Seriously right!! Some MIL's have the need to compete. They just cant stomach that their son is happy... let him be happy with his family. MIL's are always burning... My son left me is their whole and soul cry!

3. blessings1010

I know @blindpup10 . They just want their son to be happy in a happy marriage but not have a happy wife. Totally twisted mentality. They just forget that at one point in their lives, even they were DILs too.

blindpup10 likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

yea you are right.

5. HappyMommy

HappyMommy Bronze IL'ite

what if it is mom and not MIL??? wants everything daughter has; 1 for her and one for her poor DIL. shops for the world and it's brother when daughter is footing the bill but sticks to a list and is cautious about discounts when it comes to her /son's money. claim to be in dire straits and throws sentimental jargon about inability to afford medication but has the latest of everything: clothes, gadgets etc. makes a big deal about buying 4 kurtis from India for daughter when the shopping expenses on return trip is $$$$.

6. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

OMG...there are so many like mine :smash2:.
    my mil kept all the sarees and salwar suits I got in my wedding as a gift from relatives.. She never gave me any.. FIL asked my father to send all the envelopes given as a gift on the stage to me by people because he need to note down names and amount given by whome although only 2 people from dh's side gave me any envelope on stage .. All were from my side, anyways I gave him thinking he will return back once noted but he kept all the money.. :BangHead::BangHead: I was so hurt broken not because of money but knowing their mentality. I was dumb.. Later after wedding relatives invited me for food and gave me saree or cash.. I just handed cash envelopes to mil because I used to cary clutch bag with me which is small and can't fit multiple envelopes which she never returned and kept sarees too .. Even one sarees which my cousin elder co sis gave me.. She opens her box of sarees in front of me and said choose whichever you like to wear And take. Both me and mil were there and mil kept that saree too :cry::cry:. But this is not the end:BangHead:. While I was coming to USA I gave her one saree saying gift this to one my cousin co sis who is going to got married soon But she never gift that and I show her wearing that saree in my last India visit when I asked her she told me ohh I thought you gifted me... It doesn't end here ladies:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: when I was about to leave for coming here she made me to give my closet key to her by saying DH just before hrs I was leaving... We had fight just before when we were going to stay together for life. After coming here she asked me saying do you ha e some spare saree.. I need to gift somebody.. And I said no. During my last India visit I got some 2-3 sarees and bedsheets as a gift.. She asked me again will you use it, if not I will use it somewhere .. I said even I used to gift people so I will use but shameless she is , she asked me again saying when you need just took from me I will use them now , I said no I will use them only. I was so happy by answering her nooooooooo. Though she never gifted me anything in those 3-4 years she is ready to take things. Used my saree in my absence and kept them with her.. When I asked her she returned me saying will you use them.. What the fu** ... Do I need to reason her for asking about my things. So this time when I returned back I licked closet and took keys with me .When I was coming back here she told me I want that old you... I thought I am not that dumb now

sanarthi likes this.
  7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

just empty the closet, take them where u live, even if need to pay extra for luggage. or keep it in ur mothers place,.

blessings1010 likes this.
  8. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

Even DH suggested me same thing but this is not possible .. I can not brings things With me every time I visit India and if I empty everything that means she is free to use my stuff.. Closet etc. they have this khandani habit of asking for others clothes and show off.. When I was newly wed they started asking my heavy sarees .. 2-3 times I gave but latter refused to give them ... Even than mil wore my saree and kept with her, I only got to know when I visited India when did not find that in closet :eek::eek: even she used my petticoat... Though so many times I told her when someone asked for my cloths that I hate it to wear others worn cloths. Once I asked her to wear my saree in one of the wedding in the family and said keep it in closet after dry cleaning . later I asked her to send that saree with Bil to USA and I asked her again did you dry cleaned that, she said yes, when I got that here that was dirty with black lines on the fall .. Patches on pallu ...No signs of cleaning.. I was like :grinning-smiley-048::grinning-smiley-048:. She is the most shameless woman I ever known.

9. blessings1010

Exact same thing happened with me once. I was ok giving away my sarees. But I lost it, when she gave my mother a gifted saree ( the one she received in someone else's marriage from her relatives). My mum always gets same sarees for herself and my MIL, except the color. She demands new sarees as gifts from my mom, but give away old ones to my mom. In our place, we gift the sareers to 11 ladies from groom's side of relatives. I shopped those gifts with my mom before the wedding. So I know those gifts clearly. I gift wrapped them myself. my mom asked my MIL to keep the sarees with her and gift some sarees to some ladies who could not make it to our wedding. She never gifted them. In stead, some sarees got regifted in my BIL's wedding after 2 years. When I enquired, she just lied flat and told me that she bought those sarees herself. So, from then onwards, I just picked every piece of my clothing from her house and left at mum's home. She did taunt my DH that you have a shrewd wife, she doesnt leave a single handkerchief behind. IT didnt deter me from keeping my stuff at mom's place. Some of the lehengas, saries and jewlery soo expensive. I just can not leave them with her. Oh yes, and the shagun money that relatives give to new brides. That also she had demanded. But I never gave it to her, stating that it is my shagun. I shouldn't give it away. DH gave his shagun like a puppet and she shamelessly kept that in her purse. So in BIL's wedding, I made sure that all the shagun gets collected by other family member on the wedding stage and new couple get their shagun right away after the wedding. She was boiling inside. You can help such people dear. They are just wired differently.

SimplelLife likes this.
  10. livingitup

livingitup Bronze IL'ite

Dont show them to your MIL, but if she "sees" them or finds them, dont hesitate to ask for them, as they are yours. But watch for your TONE.