1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some random thoughts!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Feb 13, 2016.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

In my husband's uncle's home in the village, where they all grew up, one jackfruit tree is grandmother's tree, one hibiscus plant is named after their aunt :) It is nice. The future will not be bad. Good to read your random thoughts. Regards.

kaniths, Srama and ojaantrik like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Lakshmi! Happy to know I am not alone, naming and planting trees after people and your reassurance is so assuring. Thanks!

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

My dear Sabitha,

You are this ray of sunshine that seeps in to light a dark place. Wholesome goodness! That is the closest I can come up with to describe you. Your MIL is so lucky to be remembered in this manner.

Reading about how you are constantly trying to justify your choice to not 'go for a run' to yourself, I really wish I could help you by transferring some of my attitude to you. It will save you from all this inner battles you seem to wage regularly.

It is not that I won''t go for a walk today. It is just that I have plans to go tomorrow, you see. This is my secret to sleeping like a baby at night. Sometimes even in the afternoon. :banana:

Kidding aside, such a wonderful, wonderful post Sabitha. May you remain this sweet always.

LakshmiKMBhat and Srama like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are so sweet Meena! Thank you for your warm words.

I will borrow a leaf from your book and try not to debate. Just that I wish I didn't sign up for all these marathons. I know not running will come biting back because of signing up. The key perhaps is not to sign up. If I do that, I need to hear from my doc on my weight and then I have to learn to ignore that and then if I ignore....you know! You see why run/not run debate is far better in my head. Looks like keeping that mind busy and then wondering about how to be quiet is the game I enjoy the most. If only I could just be!

Hope summer is keeping you busy with chirping of the young birds flying back home for a holiday. And oh now that you are here, you should hear about Toby! What a darling pup he has grown into and how we enjoy him!