1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right(eous) Timeline Of Affair?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You addressed me in the post, so I responded to your post.
    Why not? Kill with niceness? : )

2. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

It's a nice policy but doesn't work with online bullies. I either kill or am nice. I don't do both.

3. Rihana

I hope you will hang around for enough time and participate in enough threads to realize that even members with very strong and opposing opinions can surprise you in other threads. I don't know about the newish male members, but the female members who posted in that thread saying that EMA is simply never justifiable, I count them among my dear online/virtual friends. We disagree in some threads, agree in some, and make up in some light threads after any strong/heated discussions.

kcb, kaniths, NeetaR and 2 others like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

True...but you dear Rihana are on my hit list for being pals with Mr Sweets.:eek::p

Rihana likes this.
  5. madras2018

@Rihana - you break my heart ! you don't seem to be seeing the point I am trying to make.

I speak from an empathetic standpoint. It is not about two posters disagreeing and then making up. But the posts of some people have gone so low and personal. Do people care that OP has feelings too ? That she is being slut shamed ? That she is a young woman going through a divorce alone without the support of her parents ? Do you and your friends realize how traumatic this already is for her ?

I agree that OP has posted in an open forum and it is ok that people disagree with her but i only think people should disagree respectfully. What is going on is outright bullying. What would you say if you learnt that this young woman, god forbid, killed herself with the relentless name calling ? What is with this calling her "opportunist", "gold digger", "stabbed her husband in the back", "shameless" etc. A forum must provide us a safe zone to post our most personal problems without the risk of getting "lynched" by a furious mob. All that woman asked was words of wisdom for the road ahead. But she got beaten up for her choices in the past. If I were you, I would have a word with my virtual friends so this doesnt get repeated with another unsuspecting victim who bares her life story to this forum.

The truth is we are all ONE life form manifested in different bodies in different families. We are not different from each other. We might have done the same if we had been her. Infact we are her, spiritually speaking.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Vipasana, SunPa and NeetaR like this.
  6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

So says a poster who wrote undignified posts lol. Irony.
    No use responding to undignified posts by a poster who actually chased bruised out of the site. Too bad she did not stand up and hit back at the bully who bullied just becos she said EMA is wrong and shameful.

7. madras2018

@Ragini25 most of your comments are the most undignified i have ever seen. I do not engage with you directly for that reason alone. You happen to be on my ignore list for the same reason too. Frankly it's beneath me to respond to your posts.

Vipasana likes this.
  8. Rihana

madras, if a person posts their personal problem online, such posts are to be expected. That thread was pretty balanced. There was almost an even distribution between those who agreed, disagreed, or had an in-between opinion. There was lots of support too for OP from some of the most senior members here. And, OP there also gave it back as good as she got. From what I read, she was quite strong, made up in her mind/decisions, and posted on having expected jitters/but-why-this-happened thoughts when the divorce is actually in final stages.

That enters areas outside the control of us members. Report it to admins if you are concerned and think that is a possibility.

We've had posters who cannot tolerate even the slightest disagreement. What to do them? And for the record, those terms you have listed - what do you expect when a person says he/she had an affair while still married?

Go start such an anonymous forum, and show how you can enforce that level of 'safety' and 'warm cuddly support group' atmosphere. madras, when such a lot of history is shared, how realistic is it to expect that members will focus on the 'road ahead' [sic] and eschew any comments on past choices? and why should they?

No. I will not attempt the unachievable. I do what is in my control - provide what help i can to support such OP's who are at the receiving end of strong opinions.

I am, unusually for me, speechless in response to the above. : )

kcb, SunPa and Laks09 like this.
  9. madras2018

I would expect opinions but not name-calling. I would not expect a warm embrace but an objective view minus the strong usage of the words mentioned. I would expect people would focus on what's to be done next. Mostly I would expect people to disagree without being disagreeable.

Because most ppl who participate in discussions do so to help strangers with their problems to some extent. Nobody is asked to eschew comments on past choices. They should however *try to* (meaning it is now the law) to not use invectives, names or slurs. Because bullying or name calling will be more destructive as opposed to constructive. Constructive feedback helps the OP problem solve. Calling names does not. Most would assume, given IL's popular status, that it will be one such anonymous forum.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Vipasana likes this.
  10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You can put me on any list. Does not matter.
    I always shoot straight. Calling a cheater as a cheater is a fact, and does not make me undignified. I refuse to sugarcoat cheating with glorified explanations & terms in veil of sympathy, that you try to use and sugarcoat it. Pls keep at it. And if I had done anything undignified, rest assured Rih, YM, JAG, GH all will call me out on it. Thanks

kcb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.