1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Yup San. My doc said the same thing. But Aarya is so much choosy with her taste of formula. I am resucing the amount gradually. First she was having one whole banban a day now we are down to half. Also, I won't be allow to carry banana water in flight while travelling to India. So, I have to make her used to with regular flavour of formula..

San, Vananthi...How much raisins?

Thanks
    Meeta

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Ladies i have a query since morning my daughter is restless, not sleeping, not playing just crying. My friend said she is having teething problem & told me to buy teething gel. Is it fine to use it or any other remedies??

Plz help.

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

I can understand, its difficult to make babies forget abt something!! How is her bowel movement nowadays..
    Reg Raisins, i soak around 10 to 15 raisins overnight and then squeeze them with hand and add little water and give him. They are really good, Vinay had loooooots of difficulties for a while to poop, but now its ok.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Cheer
    I read somewhere that we cud give cold towel too or anything cold so that they can chew while teething. Also we can wash our hand nicely, and then give to baby so that they can chew our fingers for a while, they love it!

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lavanya - I used a cup/spoon only for the first 4 days until my BM came in. After that I have never given Aadhu pumped milk or formula - only BFing until 10 mnths when I started cows milk in a sippy.

Cheer - Teething gels are supposed to be safe. But first see if the gums are swollen/tender or you can feel a tooth edge under the gum. It may not be teething at all. If it is teething, then a teether (with water inside) can be kept in the fridge and given, also raw cold carrots and like San said your finger to massage and bite on is always welcome!

Meeta - Raisins - just like San said. I havent used them myself but have heard good reports.

Vanathi.

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Sanravi thanx a lot for ur reply & suggestion, i'll try it.

Dear Vanathi yes i think she is having teething prob yesterday night i applied her gel & she was good & i see the tooth edge under the gum too, so most probably that's the reason, regarding teether i put in the fridge & will give her today. Thanx a lot dear, hey BTW tomorrow is aadhu's b'day how's the prepration going on??? All the best.

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi. I was just wondering if just BM will be sufficient for the baby until he's weaned onto soft solids/juices by 4th month. The reason I'm asking is because so many moms say that their babies needed supplementing by the 3rd month and Manav is going to complete 2 months so I'm a bit worried.
    Another question is what's your take on Rotavirus vaccine?

Moms in US were your babies given this vaccine? Any side effects? I hear that it is an optional vaccine and its still in trial so does your insurance cover that or did you have any problems?
    -L.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lavanya - I dont think you need to worry. You will have enough and I'm sure Manav will do just fine without supplementing. I feel that when the mother stops worrying abt supply and takes it for granted that her body will make enough its half the battle won - unless there is a problem with weight gain you can definitely assume that your supply is enough. At 4 mnths see how he is doing with regard to frequency of feeds/head control/posture/tongue thrust etc and then take a decision regarding solids. I have read a lot abt pedis in the US pushing for supplementing and after my practical experience with Aadhu I can say for sure that you can do 4-6 mnths easily as long as you stay confident. Sorry to go on and on , you've started me on a favourite topic! Reg rotavirus vaccine its just come to India (this mnth) so I need to do some reading - will get back ASAP.

Dhivya (dsrini) - Welcome back! Great to see you again. How was the India trip and how is Aditi? What is she doing/saying nowadays?

Vanathi.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  9. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

Hi there
    First of all 'Belated Happy Birthday to Aadhu' . My son Dhrupad is now 10 months old, but I m still waiting to see his first tooth. Is it a normal thing or should I consult doctor? From last few days he has stopped taking milk by bottle and takes BM only and some khichri, dalia etc. He has bcme very choosy now & doesn't eat easily. I need to force feed him. As such he is quiet active, but not gaining wait from last two months or so. I m worried now.

Suggest something.

DrowningSoha

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the wishes Soha. No problem abt the teeth - many kids start teething even after 1 year. In any case we cannot make teeth appear - thay will come when they will come. For fussy eating I can only suggest the usual - dont force-feed, try letting him feed himself (things like rotis, biscuits etc.), get some nice colourful plates/bowls/spoons and sing/tell him a story during mealtimes to entertain him. Also try new foods - esp colourful food (carrots/beetroot) - I found Chitvish recipes here in IL very useful for that. Hope he starts eating better soon.

Vanathi.