1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

They have feelings,my dear.They are human!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear syama,
    I too feel bad that I made many of you cry.Waitlet me try and write something that will make you smile,no tears,I promise you.
    The whole of our society has o give a helping hand to these people,we should try and help hem in every possible way if we want to see a change in their lives.

love mithila kannan

2. mithila kannan

My dear vidhya,
    nice to know about your maid who looked after your mother.You will never be able to forgrt her and her timely help.
    God bless you and your family for being there for her.

love
    mithila kannan

3. sangvidu

sangvidu New IL'ite

Dear Mithila Ma'm, Hugs to you...I am so full of tears as I am writing this reading your wonderful narration of the poverty stricken state the maids are in.. Tears of joy came to my eyes when I read ur lines "Sometimes GOD compensates for the tough times he gives you by giving tough children. Its definitely true.. We also have a maid who has been working at my mothers home for over 20 years now.. She is an indispensable part of our family..She looked after my mother as her own mother when my mom was bedridden with cancer.. She moved her entire family from thiruvanmiyur to Nanganallur where my father lives..We have been extending our help time and again but there doesnt seem to be any improvement in her status..She always has so many problems which she deals with her inner strength as you have mentioned..I hope their condition improves..

love
    vidhya

4. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

That was a wonderful post. Felt quite sentimental after reading them.

I was having a maid and I was kinda considerate where she took it for her complete advantage that made me furious. Due to such few people we tend to react insensitively, hoping not to fall prey to their exploitation.

But I have resolved that, once back in India, If I am going to have a maid, I am going to be very considerate. (as long as she dont take me for a ride)

Keep writing...Ur thoughts are wonderful..

Love,
    Sowmya

5. mithila kannan

My dear Sowmya,
    When the maid steals or tells a lie then she has to be corrected or sacked as the situation demand.But sometimes they do take advantage of our kindness in taking leave frequently,in asking for old sarees,used utensils etc repeatedly.That is not a crime at all.The life that they lead is pathetic.
    Very happy to learn about your resolution.God will bless you for this.
    love
    mithila kannan

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Wonderful blog Mithila,Kudos to you for the fantastic narration.
    Yes these people are human and need to be treated thus.
    I sometimes wonder when i look at their meek bodies , how they must find the energy to work in 10 houses when we find it so difficult to do our own work.

You brought out emotions so well,Mithila.

Love,
    Devika

7. jeya0110

jeya0110 Senior IL'ite

Mithila aunty,

The narration was so powerful that i was filled with tears forgetting that i was in my office! No words to describe the emotions it brought out....

8. mithila kannan

My dear jeya,
    Thank you my dear for your lovely comment.I am happy taht you liked the post.
    Dear jeya,this story touches our hearts because we see it happening around us day in and day out.
    love
    mithila kannan

9. mithila kannan

My dear Devika,
    Thank you Devika for your heart felt comment.Iam so happy that you liked the post.
    You are right these maids work in minimum three to four houses,every housewife is demanding,every employer want to get their money's worth from ther maid and how do they manage?Their will power alone takes care of them.
    In our country,the biggest advantage in our lives is taht domestic labour is still cheap.But I feel taht their standard of lives and their expectations from their lives should also change and does not matter if we live in a society where maids are difficult to get.Our hildren should be taught two things.
    one,tey should be self reliant and should not depend on their maids for any small work.
    Two,the children should be taught to be nice kind and courteos to them.
    Thanks a million again.
    love
    mithila kannan

10. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

No words to express......

Regards

Shashu