1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

They have feelings,my dear.They are human!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

My dear Minian,
    You said it.

..there are no black and white characters..we all come in shades of grey.

Every human being is a bundle of contradictions.There is good and bad in each and every one of us.But we do expect the others to be perfectthat too most housewives expect the maid to come for work on time and be regular forgtting the fact that she is human and is likely to fall ill .When there is heavy rain,when the roads are blocked ,even then we want her to come for work.It is a pity.
    love
    mithla kannan

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Abha,
    Thank you for the lovely comment.
    There is a thirukkural which goes like this.
    "ezhuthumpol kol kana kanne pol kozhunnan kurai kanen kandda vidaththu"

which means,
    The lady is full of anger when her lover does not tun up in time to meet her.But when he does come,then she forgets all her anger in the same way the woman can't see the appliance,the tiny stick,that she uses to apply the kajal.
    The lady of the house is mad with anger when the maid does not turn up but when she does then she should forget her anger,no?

Iam happy that you liked the post.Thank you for the lovely compliment.
    love
    mithila kannan

3. mithila kannan

My dear dhivya,
    I was also emotional when I wrote this post,particularly the passage where the child cries becuse the young mother's breasts are dry.
    But we do see this Dhivya day in and dy out.
    It is a pitiable sight.
    Thank you for your comment that boosts up my energy.
    love
    mithila kannan

4. mithila kannan

My dear bujji,
    You have paid me the greatest compliment,honour one uman being can pay to another,by calling me as Amma.I
    pray to God to give me the qualities that make me worthy of receiving such unadultrated love and affection from all of you.
    my dear bujji,i bless you dear from he bottom of my heart that you should be happy ,peaceful and tHAt all your dreams should come true.

love
    Amma

5. mithila kannan

My dar Andal,
    Thank youfor your heart warming compliment.
    Iam grateful for these kind words of appreciation.
    love
    mithila kannan

6. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Mithila aunty
    You so captured the typical emotions that we all go through when the maid is off for a few days.And it was so touching to read the entire narration.And yes,my vote is for the sentimental fool.

7. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

mithila mami,

my eyes became misty upon reading ur narration...in that kind of a situation the bonding between them and the strength that they have in their minds ...that they will survive their ordeal...god...I really don't know if we will all be the same....if only their situations improve.....

Viji

8. mithila kannan

My dear viji,
    Thank you for those lovely words.
    They may be poor,they may not have money but most of them have inner strength.They are in no way lesser than any of us in loving their dear and near ones deeply.
    love
    mithila kannan

9. sangvidu

sangvidu New IL'ite

Dear Mithila Ma'm, Hugs to you...I am so full of tears as I am writing this reading your wonderful narration of the poverty stricken state the maids are in.. Tears of joy came to my eyes when I read ur lines "Sometimes GOD compensates for the tough times he gives you by giving tough children. Its definitely true.. We also have a maid who has been working at my mothers home for over 20 years now.. She is an indispensable part of our family..She looked after my mother as her own mother when my mom was bedridden with cancer.. She moved her entire family from thiruvanmiyur to Nanganallur where my father lives..We have been extending our help time and again but there doesnt seem to be any improvement in her status..She always has so many problems which she deals with her inner strength as you have mentioned..I hope their condition improves..

love
    vidhya

10. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Azha vachitteengle Amma! Its so touching. And so well written that I felt as if I'm there.
    -love, syama