1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My question, your story-creativity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shubhasiddharth, Mar 27, 2009.

1. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hmmmmm..Quite Romantic like me...Big Laugh

2. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

I wanna try too..

Ramesh had read about the earth hour from various websites, and ultimately he had read the post in IL about the earth hour and what each one of us are going to do to help save the Earth. He was thinking about this deeply planning what to do so that he too would be able to contribute to saving the Earth. And exactly at the moment the bus came, he remembered that he had forgotten to switch off the geyser in his bathroom. So he started walking back home to switch it off. Hence missed the bus.

-Syama(obsessed about saving the Earth)

3. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

That day when he got up, his stomach was upset , and he had a mighty stomacheache too. He did help himself to the homeremedies that his grannygave him, actually she loves to try on every bodyBig Laugh. Finally he could convince her that he was feeling well and rushed to the bus stop. But as the family doctor's clinic was on the other end of the town from his office, he missed his bus to take the other one.

4. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi, let me also try.
    That day was like any other day nothing unusual.Ramesh got up late as usual gotten ready after fight with his sister to get into the bathroom, fought with his mother for making idlis daily for breakfast walked to the bus stop saw 29c at the signal and was ready to get in thanking his stars for the bus being on time, when he heard the conductor scraming at the top of his voice that it was a cut service and would not go to his stop. He muttered a curse and waited for the next bus.
    uma

5. sangvidu

sangvidu New IL'ite

hi, thanks for the chance which generates ideas from all let me try too ..
    Ramesh had left his house at 7.50 that morning to reach the bus stop a little earlier so that he can be one of the frontline passengers to get a seat ..As soon as he walked out of his apartment, he met kichu mama in front who was coming back from his morning walk and he started asking Ramesh about his marriage alliances in hand and also told about a very close relative of his, whose daughter was very beautiful, well educated and was currently working too..And added that he had the photo of the girl which he could come and take a look..

All this conversation took a whole of 5 minutes though Ramesh tried many a times to gently tell kitchu mama that he had to rush and catch the bus..Finally Kitchu mama did get the message and he let him go..

Ramesh finally rushed to the bus stop and realised that he still had 2 minutes more for the bus..he felt that he may have probably beaten the world record in the 200m run and was still gasping for breath..
    When the 29C bus arrived and stopped a little far away from the bus stop, he was so happier than the other days as most of the passengers were getting down.. he was deciding which seat he would want to take..but to his utter disappointment, when he neared the bus to board, one of the passengers getting down told him "bus breakdown pa.."!! :(
    Ramesh now felt that he could have atleast seen the photo of the girl that Kichu mama told..Atleast now he had time to ponder about how she would look, till the next 29C bus arrived...!
    Cheers
    vidhya

6. SeethaHari

SeethaHari New IL'ite

Shubha,

Thats very interesting. All stories are very enjoyable.
    Here's my version.

Ramesh was engrossed in deep thinking. His legs were not cooperating with him. Ramesh is athletic, smart guy. But today he is showing signs of dullness.
    Once he reached the busstop also , he was not his usual self in saying "Hello" to his friends waiting for the bus. His friends thought ," May be he had some quarrel at home ".( Best and easy guessDrowning)
    Ramesh could see the bus coming within a few feet and by the time he realised , it came , honked and his fellow passengers boarded and was slowly moving away from him. But he did not move an inch.
    In the next second , he yelled at the top of his voice and jumped happily.:spin
    Seeing all his actions his close friend in the busstop who was waiting for him and knowing him very well asked him" Because of you I missed the bus and wanted to know the reason for your behaviour?
    Ramesh answered," I deliberately missed the bus , because it is Rahu kalam at this hour today.
    The friend was awestruck than said to himself " Beliefs are blind ". bonk

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Enjoying all the stories, yours too, Shubha..

sriniketan

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey shubha

this is a GREAT idea..of course me too wanted it to be a romantic interlude but being a late entrant here i had to change..
    anyway I just ENJOYED myself as i have never written a story, short or otherwise in my life and just admire people with imagination..

here goes mine,,

Ramesh was standing at the bus stop immersed in his thoughts. This was his daily routine. Waking up at 6, getting dressed up for work, .having breakfast on the way and catching the bus 29C to work. It would be crowded but he would manage to just get in .Then go there and face Baldie, his boss whose moods varied like the weather. His next promotion was due but rumor had it that it may go to Ajay his colleague.
    Then he brightened up thinking that if he got the promotion .he would open his heart to chitra but again was it his imagination or was chitra getting too friendly with Ajay these days?.
    Somehow Adnan sami’s song started playing in his mind….kaise kaise ko diya hai…..thodisi jo LIFT karadhey..
    So deep was he in thought that he was startled by a big thump on his shoulder.
    Turning back he found srikanth his school friend whom he hadn’t met for the last 5 years. Overjoyed at this unexpected meeting both friends went to a nearby restaurant to catch up over coffee. Ramesh vaguely saw bus 29 C passing by but he did not care. Well, tomorrow was another day and Baldie,, his promotion and all the others could wait…today was to enjoy…

Love
    Mindi

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey shubha and all

just great yaar...

muzna and sigmabeta..i am Big LaughBig Laugh at yours

thanks for this treat..and best thing is everyone seems to have come out with a different one...
    love
    Mindi

10. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Good one Shubha. Let me try. Have deliberately with much difficulty avoided reading the comments..

There was a unique void gripping Ramesh's mind that day, stronger than the recent past. He was so tired of the same old routine.. Reaching office with local bus was an adventure by itself, followed by the boring never ending files waiting for him, having lunch packed from home with his colleagues, hating the office politics and the gossips that filled their heart while filling their stomach, getting back to work and taking the bus home. "God there should be something more exciting and interesting than this monotony", he thought to himself. He casually saw the two shabbily dressed kids of the platform dwellers play near the bus stop. The mom, who was dressed more like a daily wage worker, who were working in the road, was cooking (!) something on the road-side - an Aluminium pot on a tri stand mud stove. On a normal day, Ramesh would have cursed these people for dwelling on the road side, blocking the traffic, having rented out illegally the government building given to them, and what not ... But today, there was an instinct to just watch them. Once the porridge (atleast what Ramesh assumed was in the pot) was ready, the mom called for her kids. Suspending their play right away, the girl was hopping towards the mom merrily, while the boy who looked a lot younger was holding his half-pant in one hand and running towards her. As the mom emptied the contents in two mud pots, Ramesh (with the color he felt today), wondered what she did for her own appetite after emptying it, instead of judging the hygiene that he would have done if he were normal (!?) . The children took it to their mouth and the boy - may be he found it too hot, just slipped the bowl.. Without much suspense, the bowl broke spilling the contents, leaving the boy in tears, the mom so dejected and the girl puzzled. After a short silence, the girl lent the bowl to the boy and he took a sip with gratitude filling his tear-filled eyes and the kids alternated drinking from the same cup. It sure was a much awaited meal for them, not sure after how long. Ramesh did not cry - but ofcourse he was moved. He soon found his legs walking towards the mom, who was by now cursing the way the day has dawned on them to the state of their lives and told her in a deep voice - "Amma.. You have got such loving kids and are blessed amidst all these mishaps. With your permission, will you come with me to the restaurant opposite for a breakfast ? I want to start the day today happily with the kids who taught me to carry on and let go even when things don't work the way we want.. They will reach better heights, but today I want to do this to cheer myself up ".. Now the lady had her eyes misted and they walked towards "Udupi Bhavan" , the mom holding the girl's hand and the girl holding her brother's hand and he holding his half-pant. Ramesh walked on the side watching 29C zoom past him, with "heroic" foot-boarders bulging away as much as they could to get more ventilation !

Sorry Shubha - Couldn't make it shorter, my editing sucks :)