KG1 Admissions (Indian Schools - CBSE) for 2016-17

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Priya2410, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Nehasumesh

Nehasumesh New IL'ite

1 doubt. . Like LPS, will dps have 2nd list.?

1 person likes this.
  2. ameenasalam

ameenasalam Junior IL'ite

Dear Ladies

The thread seems to be very active especially after the DPS admission fiesta, yes, it's a fiesta that happens every year and I have relished reading the posts and experiences of everyone who's been through the DPS yearly ritual. I am also no alien since I also applied to DPS but fortunately or unfortunately was weeded out in the registration process itself. DPS doesn't invite everyone who's applied.... it's not even first come first serve as there are people who applied at 12:15 am but received regret sms and people who applied at 6:00 am and got second sms. Now that's one of DPS's mysteries.

Now to those who proceeded to the next stage, you paid registration fees and really am sure each of you went through a lot of stress regarding the interview process, because you believed in the best and that your kid deserves the best.... All our kids deserve the best - no doubt in that....

DPS may have their own criteria in selecting the children and if they didn't select your child, don't be disappointed - your child is not below other kids in any way. Each one of our kids are unique and special.... eventually, in life it is not the school who decides the child's destiny .... it is the individual himself. Our role is only to guide them.

Even if your child is not in a school that meets your expectations, as a parent, you can find resources to support your child in areas of interest. As a parent, you know how your child can thrive best and you can always support your child the best.

Again, if you feel that DPS has a North bias, then be happy that your child didn't make it there. The worst environment for a child to grow is where there is bias and discrimination. At least we Indians are lucky because there are no Indian schools that ask ridiculous amounts of non-refundable fees in 1000s to register / ask to apply for admission before your child is born (there are exceptional schools in Dubai where the registrar asks why you didn't apply while you were pregnant)

So now lets focus on the choices ahead instead of ruminating on what passed by, there are several options:

I heard Gems Millennium will have second list out by January, the receptionist was mentioning to a parent over the phone.

If you are in Qusais or closer to Dubai, you can try Rajagiri or Bilva. Rajagiri has got a Good rating every year with KHDA and their KG classes are outstanding. They have all extra-curricular activities and fees is lower than Millennium. I have heard good opinions about Bilva too although it is a new school - They have toilets within the classrooms as mentioned by a parent in an FB forum.

There is Indian academy in Muhaisnah, convenient for Sharjah people. But IMO, please do check in Rajagiri and Bilva first.

If you are closer to Ajman, Habitat is a good option as I have heard good reviews from people. They incorporate learning with nature and environment. I know relatives whose kids are going to Habitat and given good opinions - They do give projects to children which involves the parents.

There are also other options like NIMS, Gulf Asian, India Intl school .... In the Dubai side also, there are schools like Sabari Indian School, Elite English school and further up in Dubai, Springdales, Gems New Millennium, Amled etc.

So don't give up on hope, keep trying and pray that your child gets good teachers more than a good school, because all teachers will teach but a good teacher will teach with passion and feed the same passion of learning to your children.

Best of luck and regards

Ameena

5 people like this.
  3. Purnima21

Purnima21 Bronze IL'ite

Great ameenasalam. ..it's really a gr8 help to all parents..

4. sbhuvi

sbhuvi New IL'ite

Thanks ameena. Its true and good watever u said.

5. puppybala

puppybala New IL'ite

Thanks ameena..... helpful.. true.. Thanks a lot

6. Racna

Racna New IL'ite

Very well written Ameena .u have decided on gems millenium rt. Even Iam putting my kid there.

7. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Very good ameena .it seems to be very true and informative for every parents

8. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

yeh ammenna .this is really a good passion from ur side. thanks

9. NivethithaK

NivethithaK New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Went to bilva indian school and cleared interview and confirmed admission in that school yesterday.Paid admission fees like 3400 for my twins.

Since I have twins they considered one of my twin as sibling and received only 500dhs as registration fees (one child fees only)

Since I live close to dubai I have chosen this option as no other way irrespective of new school.

Their infrastructure is very gud and teachers are kind and I had a personal talk with them regarding school tour.

Hope this helps who are looking for admission

Regards,

Nivethitha

1 person likes this.
  10. sbhuvi

sbhuvi New IL'ite

Hi Nivethitha

That's great gud decision congrats. U took right choice at last. Go ahead. God bless.

Bhuvi

1 person likes this.