Are you allergic to any food item?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by iamsrihere, Jun 16, 2015.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I recently found that I have become allergic to green chillies. My eyes start burning and my face feels hot. Now I am having a tough time avoiding green chillies anywhere I go.

Does anybody have such allergies or is there any particular food item that you find intolerable in taste/after effects?

Curious to know:)

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My allergies are garlic and chocolate, although the garlic one may be an intolerance to a chemical contained in the garlic....no matter as it makes me sick as a dog. You must be having a hard time with that green chilli allergy in India. My dentist in Delhi has an allergy to chilli powder....another problem if you live in India.

3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I am allergic to brinjal and mushroom. Every time I eat them, I get itchy :-(
    This started only in the recent years. I stopped eating them.

4. iamsrihere

Oh garlic and chocolate!!

Yes there is no restaurant or even homes wherein they dont use green chillies. I make it a point to tell my close ones to avoid preparing food with green chillies when I go to their place:-( But with restaurants I have no other go. I dread eating certain food only because of this..:bonk

5. iamsrihere

Yes, i have heard many people have complaints about Brinjal..And yeah, I tried asking doctors about this.They simply asked me to avoid any food that gives allergic reactions ..So no other go...

6. iamsrihere

Has anybody done something to eliminate these allergies? Avoiding those food does work, but very difficult especially like in my case.

7. nwasim

nwasim New IL'ite

I am allergic to kaleji . It doesn't suits me.

8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

@iamsrihere

did you do some check up to find out exactly what is allergic to you.

I am a victim of allergy for the past 2-3 years. I don't the exact reason though, I have done various blood test but no avail. Doctors recommended me to do an allergy identification test ( which cost around 10K) but again he warned me saying see when you do the test you will find 100s of items you are allergic to??/ So what will you do? better ignore and move on.
    I could not believe a leading doctor told me this. I am having a tablet for the same every alternative day. Itching starts right from face till toes and I cannot live without this tablet.
    I have tired experimenting by avoiding wheat and myself have concluded that I may have gluten allergy still not sure.

9. iamsrihere

Oh..For me it took some time to identify that they are chillies. I found it out myself. Didn't do any tests. It was like all of a sudden , I started to get this allergy . Because I have had green chillies even in my childhood, but never experienced anything explicit like this. But now, Iam 100% sure because once I started avoiding them, I never had any reactions.Maybe you should also try to find it out yourself.

Since you think it is wheat, now try adding it to your diet one day and see if you have any significant reactions.

10. swethamoh

swethamoh New IL'ite

yes i am allergic to brinjal