upanayanam celebration in chennai

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by sowmyawe, Oct 22, 2009.

1. sowmyawe

sowmyawe New IL'ite

Hello everybody, I need suggestions on some good halls to conduct upanayanam of my son. Also ,I need some suggestion on what gifts will be ideal to give among the guests, anything new and innovative is most welcome. Any new halls which anybody has experienced in chennai, please tell me.

2. hemanarayanan

hemanarayanan New IL'ite

There are plenty of HALL available in Chennai. For gift Idea it is all depend on yur budget.
    • you can give a silver coin in which you write your son's name and date of the upanayanam.
    • Gubera vilaku also a good one
    There are lot availble once again it is all depend on your budget.

3. Peace777

Peace777 Senior IL'ite

Most innovative gift i have seen is gifting everyone a Tulsi plant in a very beautiful small pot. It also brings in good energy to the whole occasion.

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Peace- Your idea is so unique :). Two years back, Pothys stores were giving a beautiful tulsi sapling for all its customers! What a lovely initiative!

Sowmya, It really depends on your budget. There are a lot of options available today, and also let us know the number of people expected to give ideas better.Happy planning!

Arch

5. RadhikaMurali

RadhikaMurali New IL'ite

Hello Sowmyawe,

I am in the same boat, where did you conduct and how much did it cost? Can you send some contact numbers please?