1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this common in the US? Please HELP..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by reachmeusa, Jul 9, 2014.

1. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

We can not vouch for the woman carpooling with OP's husband. She may or may not be innocent. Only the concerned parties know that. There is nothing said by OP to demean the woman. She is only sharing her concerns regarding her marriage, which are not so unreasonable. So, let us not assume these things, and blame OP.

That being said, there are some pathetic women who do not care that a man is married. I have seen a girl hitting on my husband on the day of our marriage ceremony. And I am not being suspicious. Others commented on her behavior too. The point being there are some women who would do any thing to get a man's attention. So, I can not say that OP is overreacting.

But I do think that you should take out time for yourself. Get a makeover. Go to the gym. Get a hobby. Read up on current events. Pamper yourself. Be cheerful. Stop being worried about your husband. Don't call him while he is in office, not even once, unless it is absolutely important. Let him come to you. Be nice to him when he is around. But forget about him when he is not. He will get curious what you are doing when you are on your own. Make some friends, and go out with them at times. Once you stop giving him your undivided attention, he will try to get you back. Don't become needy. Keep your independence. You are a smart working woman.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

that was clever

1 person likes this.
  3. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Nothing wrong in this in US or anywhere!! She is just a co-worker, and in working environment we have to work with men and women. When she has no problems as a woman to go with a man, you are over thinking about such a small thing. Trust your husband if you think he is a good man.

4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Am I glad or what?....you just ripped it open

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Not sure if this was directed towards my comments. Now that since it is mentioned here, as i said before, i went for shopping or dinner when i was traveling in India. The company provides me a private taxi from the airport, back to the airport. My peers, either in group or individually will join me during dinner or shopping or sight seeing (i am not going to stay in hotel room over the weekend) for my safety as there have been some incidences with girls traveling alone in bangalore. Also, i don't know the local language. So i am not alone in the car with the colleague. So please don't have weird thoughts. My DH knows my colleagues and knows where i go. Also sight seeing is like Mysore Palace or Iskon temple or Tirupati temple (where we went as a group as one of the peer had some influence in the temple).

1 person likes this.
  6. bathalatha

bathalatha Bronze IL'ite

lol....Logged in to like this...hahaha

1 person likes this.
  7. rohinipriya21

rohinipriya21 Silver IL'ite

Car Pool is one of the eco friendly initiative in our company.Im also part of this ride.But I feel you are insecure about your husband.Pls work in this end.

8. Nithyapatil

Nithyapatil New IL'ite

It will only make you seem insecure. You should trust your husband as he is not doing anything wrong, only being polite to a colleague.

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Please ask your spouse to stop carpooling instead of throwing mud on other lady , everyone will be happy and your husband also will know your trust levels .

If people come alone to overseas appointments , it is quite common to go for lunch or dinner or sightseeing with co workers irrespective of gender . Happens everywhere and everywhere .

i also know that companies , if they have guest houses , will house both gender people in the same guest house , different rooms . Many go and stay in the same guest house with others when They go to visa stampings and stay in company provided accommodation.
    i know of my American co worker having lunch with coworker who left the company alone . It does not mean everyone is having affairs .

It is is better for your mental peace and other woman's reputation that your husband stops carpooling.

10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Desi companies do put ppl in same room, but only same gender