Prayers I offered for begetting my children

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vmur, May 13, 2008.

1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

Here are all the prayers/Vrithams I offered/observed for begetting my children.

1. GarbhaRakshambigai temple - ghee prasad - Every trip to India included a visit to this powerful Goddess and offering the prayers to Her. If you cannot go in person, you can mail the details and get the ghee prasadam by post. Strictly consume this for 48 days. The last trip however included a special puja for Lord Subramanian at the Garbharakshambigai Sannidhi. Please ask for Suresh Kurukkal, and he will take you through the puja. It involves placing an idol of Lord Subramanian in a cradle and taking it around the sanctum sanctorum of the Amman.

2. Oothukkadu Kalinga narthanar temple - It is about 5 miles away from Goddess Garbharakshambigai temple. It is a very beautiful temple of Lord Krishna doing the Kalinga Narthana dance and it is here that Venkata Kavi composed the famous songs like "Alaipaayudhe", "Thaye Yasoda". Please do not miss going to this temple.

3. KaruValarcheri Amman temple near Govindapuram in the outskirts of Kumbakonam - We had a Abirami Andhadhi chanting at our place in Philly, and one of the ladies who came to chant told us that this Goddess is all powerful and helps in the formation of the foetus, while Goddess Garbharakshambigai helps in protecting it after it's formation. The prayers are very similar to Goddess Garbharakshambigai. However if you cannot visit this temple in person, you can ask your parents/in-laws to visit this temple and get the turmeric after offering at the feet of the Goddess. The priest assured that if this turmeric is applied during bath daily (except on period days), healthy pregnancy is assured within 3 months. I can vouch for that. My mother got this for me in June '07, and I had my positive pregnancy test in August '07.

4. Aprameya temple at Doddamalur - SowminiVibu has already posted about this temple in a separate post. Please let me know if you still need more details.

Apart from these temples, we visited our KulaDeivam and Thiruchendur Murugan temple.

I observed the Shashti Vritham without fail, and every Tuesday, I fasted till evening, consuming only fruits and raw veggies. In the evening, I would chant the Kanda Shasthi Kavacham, Subramania Bhujangam and various Thiruppugazh songs and then break my fast. I chanted the all powerful "Verkuzhavi Vetkai" by Pamban Swamigal daily in the morning and evening without fail. I will scan and post this tamil sloka soon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more details regarding any of these temples.

Best of luck to everybody!

Regards
    Vidya

2 people like this.

2. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Re: Prayers I offered

hi vidya,
    congrats on your baby!!!

thank you for the very useful posts :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

regards,
    sreelata.s

3. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    That was very informative. Please could you post the shlokas when you can.

Thanks
    Pavithra

4. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Hi Vmur,

Thanx for the relavant info. Gr8 to hear that you had consumed the ghee and got benefit from it. I'm a north indian so don't know much south indian rituals...

But after going through the posts have ordered the ghee from Goddess Garbharakshambigai,
    I have ordered it online, asking to send me ghee and provided our names though i couldn't furnish nakshatra and all... Hope it would work.

Cheers

5. valarmathee

valarmathee New IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Congrats to you and praying lord to give you a safe delivery.

Also,I want the contact details / email address to contact KaruValarcheri Amman temple. Will they post the turmeric if we request? Bcos we are from SriLanka and this I required for my S-I-L.

Will you please let me the possibility?

With love
    Valarmathee

6. angelwhite

angelwhite New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I happened to stumble upon a shloka for santanam, when I was reading about Garbarakshambhigai I though I'll share it with every one. If you believe it you can try it.I dont know if its okay to post a link to the site where I found it but for your reference I'll paste it.
    take care
    god bless you.
    here it is:
    Make a prayer to Santana Gopala by chanting the following mantra 108 times a day for 108 days after bath. Om Devaki Sudha Govinda Vasudeva Jagath Pathe Dehimey Thanayam Krishna Thwamaham Saranam Kadhahaa Deva Deva Jagannatha Gothra Vridhi Karap Prabho Dehimey Thanayam Sheegram Ayushmandham Yashashreenam !
    Nagaraja is the devata for Kutumba Vridhi. Perform Nagarja Pooja at home by learned priests. Also, visit Rameshwaram, Devipattinam and Navagraha stalas around Kumbakonam with your better half and offer prayers to the devatas

7. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Congrats for your pregnancy and thanks very much for the informative post. Im travelling to India next month and im planning to visit Sri Garbharakshambikai temple as im married for 5years and yet to be blessed with a child. I would be really grateful if you can help me clear some of my doubts.
    1) whts the special puja you did at Sri Garbharakshambikai temple for Subramaniar, is there any name for this Puja?
    2) In the KaruValarcheri Amman temple whats the Puja that needs to be performed.
    3) In all these temples do we need to book in advance or can we perform the Puja as soon as we go there?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Premsudha

8. Veena77

Veena77 New IL'ite

hello everyone,
    We are married for 5 years and yet to conceive. After reading all the posts ,i just ordered online for ghee prasadam from
    Sri Garbharakshambikai temple,Thirukarugavur. I hope i will get the desired result .
    Just wondering if anyone happened to book any homams through the same site temple and temple puja at home puja online worship service times hindu worship servic.
    I would like to order for Santhanagopala homam and navagraha homam but not sure how well this is done. Has anyone tried ordering for a homam on this site. Just looking for some positive feedback.
    may Goddess fullfill everyone's desire to have a baby.
    Thanks,
    Veena

9. chaitrasri

chaitrasri New IL'ite

Hello Vidya,

Thanks for all the information. Can you please advise me on Karuvalarcheri temple? We live in new jersey. I would like to receive the turmeric from the temple. Does temple perform pooja in our name and mail turmeric to us here? Appreciate if you can help.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Some info on Karuvalarcheri temple:

The address and phone number of the priest is given below:

Sri S. Vembu Kurukkal,
    KARUVALARCHERI
    AKHILANDESHWARI KOVIL
    MARUTHANALLOOR POST OFFICE
    KUMBAKONAM TALUKA
    TAMIL NADU.
    PHONE: 0435- 2000 538

Sri Subramaniam- 9344895538
    (Son of Sri Vembu Kurukkal)

The following items should be taken for pooja:

7 round manjal (turmeric pods)
    Cow's Ghee -100gms
    Lemons- 2
    Vethilai, Seeval, Udubathi, Choodam, Pooja pushpam ( which is betel leaves, arecnut, agarbatti, camphor, flowers)

Many thanks to Vmur and her father who helped in procuring these details for our friends in Indusladies.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008