1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends son's behavior.

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by malinijamaica, Jul 14, 2013.

1. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

Agree it's not to do with the race. But, we indians are very skeptical about such things I think that's not unwanted. I told this indian friend to bring it to the notice of our Sudanese friend. But, she dare not. That's when I was thinking to do it.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

In some families it is not a big deal to change clothes in others' presence. Boundaries can differ.

On the other hand, what were the rest of the children doing? If your friend can find out the context it will help you decide. Since you have it secondhand you should encourage our friend to step up and do the needful. If there is reason to think there is more to this, the other children will show their discomfort. She needn't bring any formal conclusions (about his motives or behavior) to the discussion-she can say something like "I saw this and I thought i should bring it to your notice. I want him to be safe (as it is a matter of his safety as well)..." Let her emphasize the little boy's safety rather than ascribe a reason for his behavior. Remind her not to bring up other 'reports' either...it should be about what she saw and her concern for this child.

2 people like this.
  3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

exactly my question. And for more clarification you can ask those kids about the incident they will be knowing the true story. once you hear it you can decide.

1 person likes this.
  4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

@Raakhi! Your reply made me ROFL!!The next qn was "How did the 1.5 yr old communicate it to others ? "

Sorry OP for diverting, I dont have anything else to suggest as others have already given good ideas

1 person likes this.
  5. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

He was not changing clothes, it was his sisters birthday & we were all waiting on more friends for the cake cutting.he too was dressed for the party. It was not time to sleep yet.