1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian Visitor Visa, please help!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by itsjustme, May 13, 2013.

1. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am not able to find anyone who would take photographs according to candian visa requirements,(cvs,target etc etc). Has anyone had this experience. Also trying to get feedback on how long will it take to gt your passport back once u send it to them

2. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I think they accept US Passport Size, check with the Canadian embassy or online forums such as trackitt or murthy.

3. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi! Have you applies as a family? Do they accept a single cheque for oursleves and our parents?Any idea how parents with B1B2 visa can apply? The sites are not quite helpful to me

4. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I guess their visa status wouldn't matter, they may have to prove they can be financially independent to stay and go back from there. The documentation will be similar to regular residents here. I don't know if you can claim them as dependents. About the check, I just applied for my wife and me, I don't even remember if I gave just one check or two. If you are in doubt get a certified check, that way you don't have to worry whose account it's coming from.

5. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi, any idea how they can prove that they are financially independent? And did u put all applications in one packae?Sorry for so many questions. I am getting confused

6. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

They would need things like Bank Statement showing balance and average balance for the entire year (most important), Pay Stubs if any, Fixed Deposit certificates, property assessment documents, much like what they did for US Visa. I just showed bank balance and pay stubs and that was enough. I am not sure about sending the applications together/separately. I think yourselves needs to apply separately and your parents might need to apply separately. Check with the consulate website or search forums, they may have answers.

Here are some useful links:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.pdf
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf

7. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Oh thank you! That was informative. I actually got a certified cheque from my account for them. And I mentioned that my husband is paying for their trip to Canada so I attached copies of his bank statement and his pay slips. I posted in many forums and u are the only person who has given me this much information! Thanks a lot!!!

8. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

You're very welcome!

9. ovivijay

ovivijay New IL'ite

did you get the canada visa? i am also planning to apply visitor visa for my mom. could you please give me some details? my brother lives in canada. Me and my husband have the GC.
    can anyone guide me what are all the documents need to be submitted?