Not able/willing to pray

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by pattumom, May 1, 2013.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Hello:

I have good faith in God and even now while I type I am hearing Vishnu sahasranamam. Its not the typical "not believing" in God/ Spiritual existence post but my situation now is very upsetting that I am not able/willing to go to prayer room or even just like that chant God names.

My husband and I are living in the U.S. and we are blessed with a baby girl 8 months back. There were times when my husband did not care for me and my postpartum or my health after baby (i had a c sec)...and I am very very disappointed by that. We often fight (a lot) and have heavy arguements (we were not like that before). His parents are here and they are using harsh words against me and yelling at me (after that they will cry and say sorry)...my husband after their parents arrival is behaving very differently...Not a single time has he supported me against his parents. I feel very bad for my daughter...she has to listen to all this words, fights and arguements :(
    Moreover, I am looking for jobs (I just graduated with a masters degree) and I am not getting one...I am trying for the past 3 months...my husband sarcastically pointing out that U am a failure because of not getting jobs...

All this are stopping me from praying...I was a person who say slokas everyday and known for visiting temples everday when I was in India. I dont know how to proceed with life/get a job/ spend time with baby/ and revive my married life (for the sake of my daughter at least).

PLEASE HELP

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi pattumom,
    I am sorry to about your predicament. I hope that at least your husband shows affection to your child. Try to get some advise from any astrologers to find out how your time is especially with the issue of job. I would suggest yourself to worship Lord Hanuman. You may be surprised since He is a celibate, but He was the one who brought Ramar and Seetha together. Thus, pray to Him to bring both of you and your husband together. Perform the Hanuman Tail Pooja (there's a separate thread on this) and read Sundara Kandam daily.
    God bless you

3. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Dear Pattumom,

Sorry to read your above post. In addition to the Hanumal tail pooja suggested by Dave08 sister above, you may also chant the Siddamangala Stotram for 40 days / 11 times daily. There is a separate thread on Siddamangalam Stotram. Saras sister is the one who spread the awareness about Sripada Srivallabha Swami and many have benefited in several ways after reciting this "all powerful stotram".

All the best. Just keep faith in Him and continue with your prayers. He will take care of everything. You can also keep chanting "Om Sri Sai Ram or Sai, Sai, or Datta Digambara" ... through the day - and you will soon see the problems slowly disappearing. Saibaba is ever merciful and comes running to His devotees when they call Him.

Om Sri Sai Ram

1 person likes this.
  4. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pattumom,

Please note that the job conditions in USA are not great now. Just to cite an example, it took close to 3 years for my young son (Law degree) to get a job. He just started working a month ago. Since he took that long to land a job, do I consider him a failure? Not at all....So please wait patiently for the job. Also At this time in your life, please take time to enjoy the baby and bond with the DD. Do not worry about your inlaws....they will hopefully leave soon. Based on the so many threads that I have read in IL, your husband's behavior does not look uncommon. But I also understand it is difficult for you. So as our sisters have mentioned above, start chanting some slokas and enjoy the innocent baby. When you look a the smile and love in baby's eyes/face, you will forget your worries.

All your problems will dissolve and things will fall in place. Please hold on to God.....Any God whom you used to believe in, you will come out of the current situation.

Please take care of yourself and baby.

Love and hug,
    Chandrika

1 person likes this.
  5. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Thank you so much for the replies. Your posts here are really helpful. I have never lost trust in God but this situation is going beyond my control and I did not do anything to provoke anyone. I also hope things will fall in place and we find peace at home. Please pray for us and for my baby...she is such a cutie pie and I really feel bad that she has to hear the crying, yelling and bad words at home now. PLEASE PRAY...thanks so much...

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Pattumon
    Don't worry things will fall in place soon. We all have such phases when we are down n feel difficult to pray but just remember he is always with Us and takes care of us.you can try to put some spiritual music if you can't pray that will change your mood.
    My best wishes to you!!

1 person likes this.