1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pari80, Mar 20, 2013.

1. pari80

pari80 Silver IL'ite

Questions is , if you find out that some another woman is just eying your DH , what would you do ( Apparently your DH is not aware of it!!!).

Here is the reason why i am raising this question.
    --------------------------

This is kind of short but funny story though not mine but of mine darling(no pun intended..she is darling) co-sis .

Apparently, myself and co-sis work our own firm . She works as software developer while i just handle finance having "CA" background.

Last month, my husband hired few new employees and we left for his business trip to USA. One of the gal started few weeks back and that's when this funny thing happened.

Apparently new gal came to office close to 9.00 am and started doing work with help of our "project manager" but seems like she never got memo (Not that we have but never had similar issue before) that one of the employee (i.e my co-sis) is not only employee but partner/owner of the firm too.My co-sis reached her usual time of 10.00 am or so and started doing her work. We have very few gals in our office so this new gal started talking with my co-sis how come she is late compare to everyone and stuff. My co-sis just answered short saying this is my usual time as i just work "half time".

Fast forward close to 11.00am my BIL goes to office to get some document from my husband's cabin ( he doesn't work there so very rarely come to office). So new employee again doesn't have idea about my BIL and she kept staring at him till the time he was in office. BIL left without talking with anyone in 5-10 minutes. Now during lunch time , once again new employee meets my co-sis and ask my co-sis who was that "handsome guy" and what was he doing here. She went up to the point asking that is there someone in office who can introduce her to him(BIL)!!!! Apparently co-sis still didn't reveal the identity but later in the day , that gal repeated same thing to another gal in office and she face the reality of relationship between "co-worker" and "handsome guy" but by that time my co-sis had left the office (with fuming mind!!!!).

Next day knowing relationship of "handsome guy" and co-worker she apologized :bowdown:rotfl. I found whole incident funny and thought my cosis would get over it.

But even after close to 10 days, she is still fuming at incident and i want her look at lighter side of incident and trying to forget incident . But seems like may be her pregnancy hormones (yes she is expecting in october!!!) are keeping her irritated with incident. So now have to figure out what to do?

On bigger question, i think usually people do "check out" opposite gender person (not necessarily for any other intention just human behavor) and men has that mentality more than us . Isn't that true?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Once I went for an interview and there was this handsome guy who interviewed me and only after joining came to know his wife is the one in the recption..in your cosis case, maybe the other girl just felt embarassed abt her foot in the mouth disease.:) and what is there to take seriously?

3. PriyaVibushanam

PriyaVibushanam Senior IL'ite

From the above description of your co-sis story there is nothing to be serious and fume. It always happens to almost every one. And u already said she felt sorry for what she done, so whats there to be serious abt her... ask ur cosis to take it lightly and concentrate on other things. I bet the coworker wont see her DH again :)

4. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

I dont think this is a big issue as the new hire apologized later. Ask your cosis to take it lightly unless it continues.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Co-sister needs to lighten up, but new employee also needs to know how to behave when new in an office! New employees don't go around asking people why they are late, and for introduction to handsome colleagues!

6 people like this.
  6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Ntng wrong.. No need to become serious about this issue

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP
    Yes, seems like SILS progesterone levels are high!
    Mega

2 people like this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Why fume and fret...she could have quipped "Sorry hon the nice ones are usually taken ...he is mine :) "
    She needs to lighten up.

5 people like this.
  9. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

I can imagine girl's reaction after knowing the relation between co-worker and handsome guy:rotfl

2 people like this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

And that too hen she comes to know that co-worker is part-owner !! :rotfl

Good thread Pari :) I'm sure your co-sis sees the joke soon and it is just her hormones that made her fume at the first place. :)

But you know what, some women are weird creatures. No one knows how long they will carry the grudge. A somewhat similar incident happened to me. When my best friend came to attend my wedding, she was still unmarried. She was eyeing (just eyeing, didn't even speak to him or smiled at him) my BIL (SIL's DH) all the while. She was embarrassed when I told her he is married and too whom and forgot all about him quickly. It was anyway all just a fun which is routine during weddings. But my SIL caught the whiff somehow. :drowning After marriage she asked me who she was and MIL created some scene how she can look at my DD's husband and so on.......... Welcome to present. Even today, after 4 yrs of her marriage and 2 yrs of my friend's marriage, SIL says how can I be in touch with that woman who tried to break my marriage. :shock: :bonk