USA Baby products - Clothes, Creams etc - Immediatly after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by prchitra, Mar 12, 2013.

1. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

USA Moms,

My SIL is coming to india during my delivery time in the month of June-July. She is asking me what i need from USA for baby or me..

Can You give some suggestions.. What all things i can ask her to bring from USA to india..(Please suggest the items which are not available in india.. as i dont want to burden her carrying same things which are available in india..)

She was mentioning new born baby clothes are cheap and good (????) there.. not sure..of it..

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Cloth diapers. The only thing that we did not find in India. I am referring to diapering systems that you can use 24/7 and do not leak if maintained properly. Much better than disposables. I used Bummis for my daughter, 2 sizes, but she can find some one size diapers like Grovia and Bumgenius too. Pocket diapers and other all in one diapers are just as convenient as disposables. Much safer for baby skin and for the environment than disposables.

2 people like this.
  3. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Bodysuits for baby.....Its not available in india i guess....
    Nursing cover
    Baby diaper rash cream - Desitin

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Cloth diapered babies typically do not develop diaper rash. Coconut oil works great for whatever they develop when they teeth or eat something that doesn't agree with them. This has been my experience with my daughter and I have heard and read the same of other cloth diaper babies.

5. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestions Confused211 and Nivimum! Do pour some more suggestions.. if you remember later........

6. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

sleepsacks. ask her to get them in various sizes. you won't find them in india.
    Hansika

7. 3ds

3ds Bronze IL'ite

As the others suggested do ask her to bring cloth diapers. If you are confused about cloth diapers search youtube and you can find a lot of channels and people giving reviews about those. But they are expensive ( if you pay for them when she comes that's great). They are soo helpful. I bought 3 pocket type cloth diaper( bumgenius one size) and thirsties cover to be used when I use prefold( square nappies). I have a dozen of prefolds. Although they are expensive you can save alot by not buying disposables( pampers, huggies etc). As I didn't got that many cloth diapers I use disposable for my baby at night. I agree with others that you can get alot of cute onesies( bodysuits) for newborn, 3-6 months, 6-12 months and I asked my hubby to bring them and love those. Very suitable for the summer time when we go out. Most of the toys, diapers, creams ,bottles even maternity and nursing cloths, breast pumps and storage bags are(some are even imported) are available at babyshops or online. We can get carters bodysuits here but not many choices. As cloth diapers are expensive you can suggest that you can pay her. Just my suggestion. We can get chinese cloth diapers like BumChum but still in US there are many choices.