1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How far are you willing to spend for your kid's care?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Vij99, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Vij99

Vij99 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am in a dilemma, we have this expensive day care (atleast expensive in our city) that my kid goes to (2.5 yr old). I have no issue with spending that amount on the daycare but recently his teachers changed and he is having issues adjusting (or so I think that is the reason). Then we started looking for other day care center where we could expect the teachers to stick longer with the kids. We found one, it was excellent but 350$ more than this one. My son is already going to a very good one but for this teachers leaving daycare very often, we planned on changing his center. We can definitely pay 300$ extra but is it wasteful?! I have to pack lunch in this new school whereas in the old one I dont need to. My son likes the previous daycare's food.
    Sometime I feel with that extra 350$ every month we could own a luxury car etc but then for that comparison feel guilty. Its not that without that 350, it would be tough to make both ends meet etc.
    The current day care is good too except for new teachers all the time.
    Pls share your thoughts, what would you do.
    And the current one is like 0.5 mile from my house and the new one is 2 miles, not much difference though when using a car.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

2. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

Hi vij99,

Weighing the pros and cons of both the daycare centres, i suggest u stick with the old one.

Firstly it is nearer to ur home (although it may not matter wen travelled in car)
    Secondly it is cheaper than the new one (also as u said does not matter much)
    Thirdly ur son is used to that kind of environment.
    Fourth ur son likes the daycare food (whereas with the new one u will have to send food for ur son)

The ony con with the old day care centre is that the teachers are changing. Since ur son is small, he has issues in adjusting, but i guess within some time, he will adjust, u will have to give him some time.

Although i am just giving u suggestions from my point of view, its u who have to take the decision. If u r confused, enroll him in the new day care centre for a couple of months and see whether he is able to adjust to the new one or not. Or else u can go back to the old one again.

Good luck deciding.......:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Vij99

Vij99 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Geetha, problem is new day care center enrolls kids for 1 full year :(

4. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

So vij99, i guess u will be going with the old day care center, isn't it??