1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"THIS YEAR, I WILL - New Year Resolution Contest - Jan 2013"

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RiddhimaT, Jan 1, 2013.

1. phoenix3010

phoenix3010 New IL'ite

Hello All,

Happy new year 2013 ...

My resolutions for twenty thirteen are:

1.Consolidate family/baby pictures and create albums(hard copies)
    2.Remember to wish family and friends on birthdays and anniversaries.
    3.Work on my physical fitness i.e lose weight, increase stamina and feel more energetic
    4.Spend quality time with hubby and daughter
    5.Be relaxed and work on reducing stress
    6.Execute plans

1 person likes this.
  2. padmaprasanna

padmaprasanna New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My new resolution this year is simple, TO BE A BETTER AND A KINDER PERSON, I am sure this should be enough to get me going if the going gets tough!

3. Indianhomemaker

Indianhomemaker New IL'ite

My New Year resolution is to make a difference in one person's life Every month. So I would have 12 better relationships. I always helped my friends. But after quitting my work, marriage and kid, I didn't start any meaningful new relationships.

January : Achieved my goal. I have talked to my neighbor who didn't have adequate knowledge of making part payment and closing the loan.

She is an wonderful lady and a Teacher in an international school. Though she had made enough investments(SIP) to secure the childs future and she didnt think of the advantages of closing the loan. I caught her alone yesterday and explained how the Loan Amortization Schedule works and how much difference a part payment of 50K would affect her loan tenure. Finally she was happy. She told that she would surprise her husband in March by making a part payment.

I am sure she will overcome peer pressure and help her family out.

February : Planning to discuss with my another friend on her Financial goals on the future. She is acquainted through my daughter's school. I know she doesn't look into the financial decisions of her Husband. I feel she should not be dependent on him so much and so she should make herself aware about it.

March : Mrs. S B
    April : Mrs. T M
    May : Ms. T R
    June : Mrs. S R

I am sure I will make some difference in these peoples lives.

5 people like this.
  4. pabehari

pabehari New IL'ite

eat less cookies

3 people like this.
  5. wajiha

wajiha New IL'ite

Only one resolution for myself would be to loose weight least by 10kgs...and drink lots of water which i normally dont do...:)

6. Gauthu5

Gauthu5 Junior IL'ite

Hello my dear IndusLadies,

Wish you happy new year :)... I too have few goals to achieve this year. This thread can help me work on my goals :D

This year I'm planning to take some time for myself in giving little start up for my career.

2013 :

=> Complete my CFA level-1 Examination .
    =>To score descent percentile in CAT 2013.
    => I'm planning to invest some amount for future with the savings.
    => Will learn Vishnu Shastranamam shotras with meanings.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1 person likes this.
  7. banakshkri

banakshkri New IL'ite

hi friends
    This year i decided to be more organised and keep time. I decided to plan everything before doing and avoid last minute tension . And also i decided to maintain calm calm calm and cool even at tensed times (it is good for health also)

regards
    banakshkri

8. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

My resolution for this year and all coming years will be to be assertive , so that all women related issues are resolved as soon as possible, the more quiet we are on it the more those crimes increase.Sorry I will not take any anti women stands personally.

9. santhi2386

santhi2386 New IL'ite

I am a 26 year old married woman working in chicago. This year my resolution is all about improving my own
    personality and make myself & all others around me happy.

1.I have this problem of comparing myself with others. It’s not that I always do this but sometimes it happens
    which in turn ruin my happiness for some time. I want to get rid of this in this year with the motto "No comparison
    with others do the best that you can do"

2.I had some problems with my in-laws(MIL,SIL) in the past. They were very simple issues but we had some verbal arguments. My SIL/I were not talking properly for some time. Later those issues were sorted out. Now even though we talk normally I still sometimes analyze why she behaved like that in the past and all. I want to stop thinking about the past so that I can talk with everyone whole heartedly. "Stop analyzing your past as it may spoil your present".

3.This may sound silly but after coming to United States, I have become mad about taking pictures and posting
    them on Facebook:)P)...that is whenever we visit places, I Insist my hubby to take pictures and if they didn’t
    turn out good...I get irritated(oops) and ask my hubby to take more pictures:)P). My husband always say that
    we should enjoy first and I should not give too much importance to pictures. I feel that he is right and this
    year I want to get rid of this madness. This will make my hubby definitely happy.:)

4.This one is regarding my work. I want to take all the suggestions in a positive way and do not worry much
    about the mistakes. Instead learn from the mistakes. I don’t want to overthink about what people say and do the work that I need to do and forget about work & other work related issues as soon as I step into my home :)

I hope I follow all the above this year.

Happy 2013 to all the beautiful ladies out there.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

This year I want to follow 'Early to bed , Early to rise' this puts lots of my other things straight.

Hoping to do the same :)