'Mom-to-be' in November 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Beryl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

hey SM ,

CONGRATS for baby princess :) ,i was in touch wid this thread ,just to know how u guys r doing :) so happy to hear gud news frm many of u in this thread .
    ALL who hav delivered their babies ,tons of congrats to ech one nd enjoy motherhood :)
    do share ur stories nd names of ur LOs .

tc

2. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Congrates SM... Is it normal or C section..

HI Devenshi.. s now he is taking my feed from one week am not giving him de formule milk am very happy dat am feeding him as usual i again hav a prob am not getting much flow of milk and my son wants full milk and MIL says dat am not getting fullmilk :( but trying not to give up i feel dat am unable to fill my babys stomach

yesterday nite my baby had full vomintgs i even gav formule milk but he was not ready to tak de formule milk called doc he said to berpp him properly der is no need to cum to hosp..

3. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

am using olive oil for baby fo rmassaging but he is getting all rashes on his cheeks lik small bubbles what is the oil u ppl using for ur babies and wat soap and wat powder..

4. Powergirl

Powergirl Bronze IL'ite

5. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Sowjanya, I am using olive oil for massage and Himalaya baby soap for bath. Doctor has advised not to use powder or kajal. Pure badam oil is also good for massage.

I have named my baby 'Amy'.

6. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

SM, thanks for your support and prayers. Yes the last few days were terrible but they are past now and I don't want to look behind. Now my wound has healed and I am trying to feed from that side - its not been easy at all esp for my poor baby who struggles to latch on since my nipple has become quite flat after the injury.

Anyways SM you must update your birth story. Looking forward to it.

Sudha, how are you doing now? Do update.

About formula milk, let's face facts - if our baby needs it then it's much better to give him/her that rather than keep her hungry or half filled. These days formula is very advanced and not harmful or anything, so rather than being consumed with our own guilt and high expectations, just think that your baby will be full after the top feed and give that. I have myself gone through hell just at the thought of giving formula but really nothing came of it. You give what you can give and if need be give some top feed - don't make your life miserable about it. This is just my thought after going through a lot of misery about formula, please share your views friends.

Also if anyone is giving top feed please share how you are doing it - I mean how much are you giving and when.

Love
    Devanshi

1 person likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Vidhya. ;-)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

Congrats dear! :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

Congrats zainabsarfraz:) Recover soon from C-effects!
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!

8. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Vidya

Congratulations, Enjoy motherhood.

SSM

Congratulations, i have logged in after quite long time and am happy to see many good news and updates from rest of the members. Was it an normal delivery or c-section? Wish u have overcome latching problems. Do update ur birth story whenever u get time.

Zainab

Glad to hear from, u after long time. Congratulations.

sudha

9. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Sowjanya

Manvik- nice name, Spitting or bring out some milk out after the feed is common but vomiting milk is not. It could be due to two reasons- 1) u must be over feeding him which is he is vomiting out the excess milk, 2) he must be lactose intolerant check out if u can feed other types of top-feeds like diluted buffalo milk, packet milk etc. I too supplement my daughter with formula milk whenever she is not content with b'feed. When she asks for more i first give her 30ml. After 5min i put the nipple of the emptly bottle to her if she eagerly pulls it in then in give another 30ml and she is usually done with 30-60ml. See that u r not over-feeding ur lil one. Burp him after every 15-20min of feed this way the air gives way to milk and ur lil one feel better and full.
    Reg. oils for massage generally olive and almond are considered good for baby's skin. Choosing oil depends on local temperatures and baby's skin type. I use rohan badam oil to my baby's hair and body i also use dabur lal tail for massage. once in a week i soak one bread slice in milk and massage my baby. I use himalaya soap and baby powder. i dont trust johnsons. i am not sure how far himalaya products are safe.

One more thing if the rashes increases or do not go off within a week and spreads to scalp or other body do get it checked as when my baby developed rash on her head and cheeks i took her to pediatrician. she told its cradle cap and gave some ointment, thankfully it cleared off within 2weeks.

Devanshi,

Good that u r able to feed the baby on both sides, dont worry he shall get used to the changes too. you are very true and i have accepted that its my responsibility to satisfy my kid irrespective of breast feed or top-feed. And i notice i am at peace since then seeing my baby smiling and responding to me when her tummy is full.

bye, and big high to all friends here,
    sudha

1 person likes this.
  10. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

I delivered a baby girl on 28th night. Both are doing fine. We have named her Vibha.

1 person likes this.