'Mom-to-be' in November 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Beryl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Important things for the mother before delivery are:

* Few large size panties(hipsters)[have them at least 6-10]
    * Feeding bras or bras twice bigger than ur regular size
    * Atleast 3 packs of XXL or Maternity sanitary pads
    * Free size night frocks with busy prints to camouflage blood stains as well as convenient for feeding
    * Lipbalm ( ur lips tend to dry post delivery)
    * razor or hair removal cream to remove pubic hair( in few hospitals the nurses do it just before labor)
    * Other personal toiletries
    Apart from this cut ur nails, shampoo ur hair before delivery, clean ur pubic hair, stock on foods like rusks, biscuits, nuts etc.

All the best,take care,
    sudha

2 people like this.
  2. Powergirl

Powergirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Devanshi : Congratulations..welcome to the club!!

@Sudha : 'Svastika' is a beautiful name!

My updates: - We had our Lo's punyavachanam and crib ( thottil) ceremony on the 11th day.

We have named our son 'Aadhith'.

3 people like this.
  3. sudharathinavel

sudharathinavel Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Sudha..I do make a note of it...

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the wonderful tips sudha.. Made a note of them..

Svastika and Adhith are two beautiful names.. take care new moms..

Devanshi, Congrats on your LO..

5. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Devanshi!!! Im soo happy for you dear :) all you peoples birth stories are making me more impatient...these last days are soo tiering :(

Svastika and Adhith both are very beautiful names.

My next visit to doc is on 9th nov so waiting for it.

6. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Devanshi!!!
    Thanks Sudha for the wonderful tips.....
    Svastika and Aadith are very nice names.....

7. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Everyone :)

It happened so suddenly that it really feels that its still to sink in that I am already a momma !

And also for all the to be mommas, I want to tell you that I really miss being pregnant, I miss those tiny kicks and my baby bump...everything actually. So please enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy, stay happy and positive and get all the rest you can. Honestly I havent been able to sleep even one whole night ever since I returned from the hospital, so be prepared for losing a lot of sleep once you have delivered.

I feel the first one month is most difficult (experienced moms please share if correct) since you are not only recovering yourself (esp if you have stiches or surgery) but you are learning BF, getting to know your baby (wondering exactly why he/she is crying, how to bathe him/her...etc) not getting enough rest, dealing with a lot of visitors and generally just dealing with the whole change ...your life doesnt seem the same anymore.

Sudha, PG, Svyas, am I right?
    BTW such nice names you have chosen :) I am yet to finalise on the name, shall let you all know later.

Also are you doing any home remedy to increase Breast milk? I have heard you should eat garlic - but how?

Also how many feeds are you giving your baby in a day?

Do share..
    Take care everyone, we are eagerly waiting for your updates.
    Love, Devanshi

2 people like this.
  8. vadapallisudha

Hi Devanshi,

You have said it all!!, Soon after delivery even i used to miss the baby kicks. i wanted to have a full term preg so that i could experience my lil one till 39 or 40th week. My doc was vexed-up with my qts and requests to let me have full term preg( My baby was delivered on 37th week as it was mandatory in my hospital to deliver IVF babies before 38th week).

Yeah initial few days or couple of months are bit taxing, The timings of the baby change every month till atleast 3-4th month. New borns feed normally after every 2-3hrs. My LO wakes exactly after 2 1/2 hrs for her feed, that way i am relaxed. If u r baby is on topfeed then u need to fix the no of times u give her top feed. Dont mix both B'feed and topfeed at a time, Like if she is on B'feed at one particular time see that u provide her adequately and next time give her topfeed.

Add garlic to veggies, eat lauki, touri, palak, methi, add dhania patta to ur veggies. Drink at least 1/2 ltr of milk- milk generates B'milk. Drink lots of water. Drink something warm while feeding. eat rusks with warm milk, Dhalia+milk+gud also helps increase B'milk. and remember to keep ur LO on ur breast everytime even if she is not having BF, She helps stimulate the glands produce more milk!! Rest, is equally important for ur body to function well. When ur LO is up for her feed prepare ur breasts massage them and prepare ur nipples for easy sucking. Remember the breasts turns, at single feed ur LO should nearly empty one breast and end the feed on the other, on next feed u should put her on the breast she finished her feed as it was not fully drained.

Lets hear from others too!!,
    take care,
    sudha

3 people like this.
  9. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I delivered my baby girl on October 28th. It was a C Section. Sorry could not update as I was recovering and also busy with my LO. She is exclusively breastfeed. Baby is very active. Still searching for a name.

6 people like this.
  10. vadapallisudha

Congratulation!! Wishing u speedy and healthy recovery. Nice to know that she is active and exclusively on BF.

sudha

1 person likes this.