1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is eyebrow threading advisable? What r its advantages to a feeld good face?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by chetavani50, Oct 10, 2012.

1. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Is eyebrow threading advisable?I like to do threading ( i did only once) but my DH does not allow me to do so because he says it changes your face . I felt good when i had my eyebrows done neatly. What is your opinion? Please post ur replies?

2. Nallaanlakshmi

Nallaanlakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Does your husband don't like you with neat eyebrows or he doesn't like threading?
    if he doesn't like threading you can try using a pluck-er by yourself and remove those extra hair. Threading is a bit different from using a hair pluck-er. You will not have a much neat look but you can have a perfect shape. All it needs is a little patience. Hope this helps you.

3. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi even I never used to thread..But once I did it and then I realized it makes me look lesser tired / dull.
    The key is not to make it too thin and have a natural shape. Always tell the stylist not to make it too thin.
    I had no definition for eyebrows and they were spread across my forehead. So the first time they had to shape it. LAter they remove only the extras.
    If you go to a good and modern parlor, they will do it well for you.

4. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I completely agree, never make the eyebrows too thin, just shape them well meaning remove the extras.

5. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Ask for gentle arch shape rather than a sharp peak shape (Tamil actress Radha 's daughter karthikas has this).

If you like threading go for it.... Husband will get used to it after sometime.

6. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Get threading done once, get yourself a sharp pair of tweezers and maintain the shape by yourself at home, by plucking out the extras every 3 - 4 days. Also, invest in a good eyebrow brush, comes in under 100 - 150 bucks at any beauty store. I also fill my eye brows with dark brown eye shadow and it makes them look very pretty.

7. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

It may look weird but I can't imagine Karthika without the eye brows. Leaving out the eye brows, she's actually a very pretty girl, nice long hair and great physique..

1 person likes this.
  8. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

True! We friends used to wonder how she got enough thickness and length to shape it like that. It definitely is her trademark.

Mamtha Mohandas is an actress whose eyebrows look very stylish and chic.
    She had acted in this movie,Arike, and her eyebrow shape was key to the role she played.

9. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

You're a Malayalee? I just saw Mamata's eyebrows and stills from Arike, very pretty, I never noticed her before.

Speaking of eyebrows, how can I not mention Nayanthara? Her eyes and thick mascara and arched eyebrows have become her trademark, but she looks very pretty in Boss Engira Baskaran.

10. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

I know both languages fluently.

Nayanthara.. She adds an arch to her arched eyebrows with the expression. I believe. I like Mamatha's talent and her dedication. You should watch Arike even if you have trouble following the language. Or atleast the song Iravil Viryum..

Oops sorry for deviating from the topic