1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Majaa-Masti-gossips!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Yes i too had the same feeling

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

She's overdoing the affection part, and he's...not doing it at all! :-(

2 people like this.
  3. Barnowl

Barnowl Gold IL'ite

Gauri: oye, smile to kar. IL ke ladeez bol rahe hai ki apan donon ke beech koi chemistry nahi hai. (will u pls smile? Smart ladies at IL think we have no chem between us)

Srk: jyaadi uchal mat. Tera ko latest designer dress dilva diya na? (stop acting smart. Didn't i pay for your latest dress?)

G: haan. Phir bhi, IL..

S: arre unko kya maloom mera chemistry to sirf KJO ke saat hai. (they hardly know that my chem is wonly with kjo.)

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Oh, that's it? The way the media were reporting made it seem like there were more to the problem than just Ko. In fact, during the Koffee with Anu show (This was before Ko happened and Jiiva came to the show with Arya) one of the questions posed to Jiiva was "who is the one person that you don't like in the industry?" and it really looked as if Jiiva was going to blurt out a name there. But before he could, Arya interrupted, "Dei, ennathan pidikaathunu sollidhu, problem solved!" (Just say my name out for this question). And Jiiva retorted, "yes, that's the best thing. If I say out the other name, then I'm bound to have some problems".

So I just put two and two together and assumed that the person concerned was Simbhu ("patting myself on the back") ;-)

(mind voice: romba arivaalinu nennappa? Ithunggu rendum adichikittum, illai serndhukittum, unnaku yenna woi??? Poiyi vElaiya paaru!):hide:
    Translations: Just goes on to show that I have nothing better to do in my life)

3 people like this.
  5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sridevi's daughters are still quite young, and the actress is not too sure of their career path. But the evergreen beauty believes showbiz is a tough industry to survive in and, as a mother, she would like her children to settle down soon after they reach marriageable age.
    Sridevi, who is in the news for her comeback film "English Vinglish", says her 15-year-old daughter Jhanvi has not decided anything about her career yet.
    "Right now she is very young. She has still not decided what she wants to do. Each day she (Jhanvi) has some new career options. Sometime she wants to do fashion designing, sometimes she get into science. But as a mother I want my kids to get married soon," Sridevi told IANS in an interview.
    One of the reigning stars of 1980s and 1990s, Sridevi bid adieu to Bollywood after marrying producer Boney Kapoor in 1996. Her last release was the 1997 hit family drama "Judaai".
    Asked if she was fine with the idea of her daughters entering showbiz, the actress replied: "Whatever I am today, it is just because of Bollywood. I am really fortunate and grateful to the industry. Whatever I have achieved till date is because of the industry."
    "But everybody can't become an actress. It's not a joke. You really have to slog. You have to devote your life to be the best, otherwise there is no point doing a film just for being here," added the actress whose younger daughter Khushi is 12 years old.
    Known for her smart dressing sense, the 49-year-old reveals that she can't step out of her house without taking approval from her family.
    "It is not only Jhanvi who contributes to my styling, it is also my younger daughter Khushi and my husband Boney. I have to take approval from all three of them and only then I step out of my house," she said.
    In "English Vinglish", Sridevi is playing the role of a housewife named Shashi. Her character is often bullied by her kids for her poor command over English language. In real life, Sridevi says she bullies her kids when it comes to Hindi.
    "My kids often pull my leg. But when it comes to Hindi, I keep correcting them and make fun of it. They speak in a very angrezi (English) accent. So I pull them up for their Hindi," she said

6. puni88

Katrina’s new ad shoot for a soap company began with cordial interactions between the actress and the ad film crew but ended on a frosty note after the ad director requested Katrina to be a bit more seductive after several shots.
    The new commercial has Katrina in a bath tub and seems Katrina was irked by the request to pose seductively.
    Insiders said ‘all hell broke loose’ and Kat actually warned the director not to exceed his limits.
    Apparently, the crew decided not to push the Ek Tha Tiger star any further and wrapped up the shoot shortly after the tantrum. It is not known whether the Director was satisfied with the final cut.

7. puni88

Akshay Kumar, who's new film Oh My God releases on 28th September, rushed home from Jaipur last evening saying wife Twinkle had gone into labour.

Twinkle Khanna, who's been having a difficult second pregnancy, had been advised rest by her doctor. She was unable to participate in the funeral of her father, actor Rajesh Khanna who died on 18th July, because of her pregnancy.

Twinkle and Akshay have a son called Aarav who is 10 years old.

8. Sravani1989

Sravani1989 New IL'ite

9. puni88

[​IMG]

@Dabangg2 shooting spot.

2 people like this.
  10. puni88

Every year one movie's Oscar entry turns into a case of sour grapes for the losing film's crew

Barfi!'s makers have only begun celebrating its selection as India's official entry to the Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category, and already the disappointed comments are pouring in. Among the films in the running this year were Kahaani, The Dirty Picture, Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs Of Wasseypur 1 & 2, Heroine and Ferrari Ki Sawari.

Director Shoojit Sircar has released a statement expressing disappointment over Vicky Donor not being sent by its producers for consideration.

This may be the first time a director is upset with the producers for not sending a film, however, this isn't the first time questions have been raised after the official entry is announced. Even though only three Indian films in the last 50 years have gone on to being nominated in the Foreign Language category, almost every year questions are raised about the selection process.

2002 - Devdas (Who lost out: The Legend of Bhagat Singh)
    Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas, which was Bollywood's most expensive film at the time of its release, pipped Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, The Legend Of Bhagat Singh, Agnivarsha and Kannathil Mutthamittal to be the official entry to the Oscars in 2002. Actor Raghuvir Yadav felt the film didn't reflect Indian culture, and had been hyped because of the budget and opulent sets. David Dhawan had said, "Bhagat Singh would have been a better choice. It's not only a well-made film with great performances, it echoes a sentiment Western audiences understand." Producer Vashu Bhagnani said, "If the Film Federation of India (FFI) didn't want to send a Hindi film, Mani Ratman's Madhavan-starrer Kannathil Mutthamittal would have had more chances of making it to the final shortlist."

2005 - Paheli (who lost: Mangal Pandey)
    The Shah Rukh Khan-starrer had tanked in India, yet it was that year's official entry to the Oscars instead of Mangal Pandey, Veer-Zaara, Iqbal, Swades, Parineeta, Black or Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi. "Wein India have never been known to send the 'best film' to the Oscars. For example, in a year when we had a brilliant film like Bandit Queen, we sent a commercial venture like Jeans," Ruchi Narayan, assistant director, Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi had said. That year, Mahesh Dattani's Morning Raga, was sent independently to the Oscars. Perizaad, who starred in the film, said, "The film has fulfilled several criteria." However, neither Paheli nor Morning Raga was finally nominated for an Oscar.

2006 - Rang De Basanti (left sulking: Lage Raho Munnabhai)
    The fact that Rang De Basanti was chosen over Lage Raho Munnabhai didn't go down very well with some. So much so, that the latter was sent to the Oscars independently, like Morning Raga. At the time, producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra had said, "The record number of fan mails that we have received worldwide have supported our belief and inspired us to go ahead with sending the film across to the Academy as an independent entry. We strongly believe that Lage Raho Munnabhai is a film that should be screened at all international film festivals." Again, neither of the films was nominated for an Oscar.

2007 - Eklavya - The Royal Guard (instead of: Chak De)
    The selection of Eklavya - The Royal Guard in 2007 was slammed because the film was one of the biggest flops of the year. It was chosen ahead of Chak De! India, Gandhi My Father and Guru. Pahlaj Nihalani, president, Association of Motion Pictures and TV Programmes, said, "It is disgraceful that the jury has selected a movie for the Oscars which has been rejected by the people. I don't see any logic behind it." Bhavna Talwar, whose Dharm was also a contender, had moved court alleging that some members of the selection committee - Sudhir Mishra, Jagdish Sharma and Ranjit Bahadur - were "very close" to Chopra, and hence the selection wasn't fair. She'd said, "It's all about personal agendas. Strings are being pulled. And if Mr Sudhir Mishra thinks the film is technically sound then please have the b***s to enter Eklavya in the technical sections in the Oscars. The FFI is embarrassing not just the film industry but also the whole country." The Bombay High Court had also said that the selection appeared to be "prima facie biased". Reacting to disapproving comments by Farah Khan, Sajid Khan and Anupam Kher, Chopra said, "What are the credentials of these people...what is their understanding of cinema...where does their allegiance lie?" Ultimately, Eklavya was sent to the Oscars, but failed to get a nomination.

2010 - Peepli live (who lost: Udaan)
    The makers of Udaan, a small budget film were unhappy. Producer Sanjay Singh had said, "Peepli Live is good but to say that it is deserving of India's entry to the Oscars is open to debate. It had nothing new. We can't keep sending commercially successful movies."

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.