1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

girl child

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mysticdiva, May 9, 2012.

1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Agreed...there was a period when even I heard of only boys being born! Used to make me wonder....

2. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Sangea,

i heard that in some particular time there are more boys than girls and another time more girls than boys. i know 3-4 of my friends have delivered boys in march-april, but last year during same time my bhabhi and 2 friends delivered girls.

I have noticed that most of the deliveries are boys now but last year it was girls in same time. So i think its natural that sometime more boys are born and sometimes more girls. That depends on what time have you conceived.

3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

As we don't have kids yet, can't comment about husband. Though i know for sure he is going to be equally happy with both.
    I would like to tell you what happened with my mom dad. That was in late eighties and we lived in small village in Maharashtra. Sex determination wasn't banned in those days but my parents didn't even think about it. First two of us were girls and my parents wanted to be happy with the small family. But pressure from grandparents made them go for one more which was a boy. Now my mom wanted to stop but the family again decided to wait for one more boy as my dad has a brother.
    But the last sweetpea was a girl again. My grandparents were super disappointed though mom and dad were happy and decided to put a full stop and did so.
    My youngest sis was nicknamed as "Nakushi" meaning unwanted one. They didn't hesitate to show their displeasure at every chance.
    So my dad decided to make it the best memory for my sis and show everyone else that she was equally wanted and loved in our family. He did her naming ceremony so grand that noone had ever seen.
    My grandparents used to tell my sis when she was young that my mom dad hated her and threw her in trash. But they brought her back and took care of her. Now we all laugh over it and she is still the most pampered baby in our family.
    My mom dad gave us all the best life and education they could and we are all happy and successful in our lives.
    I'm proud of my dad!
    Vaidehi

8 people like this.
  4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the likes shyamalajh, getstrngth, mysticdiva.
    I wish every girl gets dad like mine who doesn't differentiate between boy and girl child.

5. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Its actually reverse for me. All my friends have had baby girl and have hardly heard a baby boy... I was imagining the competition a guy would have from n number of girls.

We can be happy that girls will always remain close to her parents. Can share special moments and be close with her mother, but still boys are lucky. Even though I prefer girls and I love girls, I wanted my sister to have a baby boy.

Somehow I feel guys are lucky.Atleast in our society they are treated royally. My parents used to say that when I was born, my nakastra was moola and everyone around them scared them saying it would be tough time for them to find a groom for me. My parents were thinking that society would change after 25 yrs and they need not bother about it. But things never changed. So many grooms/their parents rejected my profile because of my nakastra and not my character. After my divorce, when I decided to settle down and look for prospective grooms, they are all concerned with my star.

Thats why I feel boys are treated better. They are pampered and our society does not prefer boys to cry so they get things done as per the boy's wish.

2 people like this.
  6. mysticdiva

mysticdiva Silver IL'ite

thanks so much all you wonderful ladies for taking time and sharing your views.yes sweetyk,the only think that worries my mom n (now me ) is that she will have to go thru lots of difficulites in life as a girl.my entire family is filled with girls so the feeling my mom has is right,cant blame her.but i guess its all in their stars,if they have difficulties in life it could be whether they are a boy or girl.I just would like if the indian society could treat both equally like how it happens in the western countries.
    @nitya1980-i love my daughter and enjoy every moments with her,like you said i love dressing her up and talkinto her.she is my life.
    @me vaidehi-thanks for sharing ur family story.very inspiring...we girls rock always :)

would love to know a guy's point of view on whether they feel life to be easier being a man or if they would have prefered to be a girl instead;-)

7. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

Hi Mysticdiva,
    It is still very common for especially the elders, meaning the in laws to prefer a boy child to a girl child. Not only do they have this preferance, they also express this openly in front of the DIL and son and many times rob away the happiness and peace of mind of the DIL when a girl child is born.
    My in laws also were keen only for a boy child. I didnt have any preferance but my husband wanted a girl child.Sometimes I feel that he used to keep saying the he wished we had a girl when I was pregnant just to take off the pressure my in laws were putting on me for a boy . It was really sweet of him and I am 100% sure he would have loved a girl child as much as he does my son now.
    Coming to the point, even if you have doubts that your husband wanted a boy, knowing the fact that he loves your daughter soo much, just dont dwell too much on those thoughts and be happy for the blessing in the form of a loving husband and daughter that you have recieved.:)

1 person likes this.
  8. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

hiya,
    I have a 5 month old baby and in my case I wanted with the core of my heart to have a girl. We are a family of sisters and I feel very close to them so I obviously felt that if I had a daughter she will as close to me as I am to my mother. Not to mention, my mom is my best friend and next would be my sister.

My hubby although loved the idea of having a girl but I think wanted a boy instead. He said he felt that when girls grow up, they dont connect with fathers much. He wanted a boy so that he can feel connected with little things father and son do, just the same way I felt I want a girl because daughters connect better with mother.

I looked for girls names and decided on two, looked for all baby items in pink. I had this really strong feeling that it will be a girl and used to talk to my baby as she. In process, I got my hubby very excited about the girl too. I did not care much about anybody else and made an announcement of what I was looking forward to. I think my inlaws may have been disappointed at first but I got them excited too. Since they had boys too and no daughters, they were looking forward to have a doll, to dress her up and sing songs and play home and play cooking.

But then we found out it was a boy. I was sort of disappointed and my hubby too but he encouraged me a lot. Now we have a beautiful baby boy and I cannot think of nothing else. I think it does not matter whether its a boy or girl. You may want or plan anything but when you see that little face, you will instantly fall in love. Ditto happened with your husband. Dont worry and see what happens. My dad had all daughters. He initially wanted sons. But he loves us all so much that he cant live without us. He cant even think of sons anymore. Trust me we all connected with mom later when we grewup but daughters are all daddy's girls.

1 person likes this.
  9. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi,

I would like to add some info here...
    still many Indian families as per Hindu, Islamic tradition feels that having boy is like support for their old age, if sisters are there then support them. It is 200% true and even me somewhere in my mind has that feeling.
    I don't deny that ; b'cos this is how we all brought up. In western countries they treat both boy and girl to be independent and face the challenges alone. But in India still it is not like that.

Do girl has freedom to do her things what she feels like? can she able to travel alone in night? Can she manage house alone? etc...

Answer is 'No'. Most of you agree on this.

So most of men feel somewhere in the corner of their mind it will be difficult to bring up a girl child. But they love their daughter very much. It is that waste sand which our ancestors has feeded in all of us.

And we stilll in dilemma whether to step in 21st century or ?????????

10. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

I too feel same somehow.All the people whom i know delivered boys. I hear very less about girl being born these days Dont know why.