Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

I made Tomato Rasam and Paruppu thogayal last evening. Tomato rasam was toooooooooo tasty.
    Paruppu thogayal was tasty but it was not white in colour, may be I roasted the paruppu little more?? Will take care of it next time.

Today I made Lapsi Kozhukattai and Gotsu for breakfast, needless to say, it was just awesome. Its long time since I made kozhukattai, so we both enjoyed it. Lunch is coconut rice with appalam. Adding sugar to the coconut rice makes soooooooooo much difference in the taste.

My inlaws are coming back on Sunday, so i am planning for some snack and sweet this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out :)

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Interesting FB, Roja!! :)
    Potato roast using gobi & tomato papu without tomato!!:hide:
    For gobi. drop in boiling water, give 2 boils, switch off & keep covered. Drain after 10 mtes. Then temper & roast it. It is too "weak" a veg to stand marinaion!!:biggrin2:
    Thanks.

3. Chitvish

Dear Radha, normally paruppu thogayal is not whit, but golden in colour. So, no worries!!
    The best form of lapsi for BF is kozhukkattai since it is steamedd as wll.
    Yes, a pinch of sugar makes the dish "terrific"!!
    Do make some new sweet & snack as "welcome food""!:)

4. janu10

janu10 New IL'ite

Chithra Mam,

What I have done is wrong. Kindly excuse me. Really Sorry for not consulting you. I've learnt a lesson.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  5. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Hi Chiths

Your site is always a treasure trove because everytime i open it i always find sumthing new....Yesterday made Red gravy and have stocked it and made today Channa masala with it...Awesome is not the word for it...Aarushi school la everybody was waiting to have one channa atleast....When asked her how it was she said amma see the tiffin box nakki vazhichachu ma....i think that should be enough to prove how nice the dish was....Thanks for the gravy idea and yet to try the white gravy and yellow gravy.....

lov
    sowmi

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitvish

Hi, I have no comments to offer.

7. Chitvish

Thanks, Sowmi!
    I am myself finding the gravy idea very useful & good.
    I tried with pink rajma too!!
    These gravies literally bring channa &rajma to our fingertips!!

8. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Re: FAQ's on Ask Chitvish

Dear Chithra
    I promptly made the Jain Tomato Gravy. I added Channa to it. Wow!! Awesome taste and lovely colour. I cant thank you enough , this has made my life easier. Is there any other veg that will go well with this gravy?
    Also made Quinoa puli upma. This is a keeper for sure. Lip smacking . Thanks a ton.

Love
    Shobana

9. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Today for breakfast made Ven Pongal & Onion Puli Gotsu:thumbsup. The pongal was great & it stayed soft even till the evening , DD had it in the evening & liked the combo. But the best dish of the day is ' Curry leaves Thokku'.That was a cracker dish! It tastes so many times better than curry leaf thogayal & podi. I made with 1 cup leaves & it is over.Suda suda saadam , gingelly oil, thokku & MW elai vadaam- dinner was superb, I overate.Thank you especially for that thokku
    Love,
    Damini.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mami,

Dinner tonight was Moongdal Rasam and Pushanikkai kootu. Awesome Rasam!!!! What a flavor..YUM!!!. When I read your recipe...I expected it to taste dal-like. And I have added moong dal to rasam before and was never crazy about the flavor but your method is too good!! Loved the ginger and pepper/Jeera flavor. Such a simple and quick recipe. I probably am going to take this as a soup to my friends at work. So much different than my rasam or any moong dal dals I've ever made. I am never going back to my "method" :).

But the highlight tonight was the instant thayir vadai!!! Truly genius! such soft spongy vadais..yumm!! I have to admit I was skeptical because I had store bought moong dal powder and urad dal powder. But they ended up tasting like the real deal. I am Ingi priyai..so..all the more delicious. I have to tell you my dinner tonight was done in 45 mins..from start to finish. Thanks to you!!!

Love,
    Sakshi..:)