PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Snoo & Suba,
    Thats fine to spill out those excess. All you need is single sperm out of millions coming out in a single drop. Just stop worrying. Since you see the spillage after you get up, they could be the excess, healthy sperms must have made their path towards fallopian tube! Calm down & stop worrying! Relax. Baby dust to you.

Hi Varshini,
    PCOS women can/will conceive either naturally or with medical support. Don't think otherwise. You can conceive & hold your LO happily!
    Lets see what glycomet offers you. Lets hope things settles down in your body!
    Eat more vegetables, fruits, greens, protein & vitamin rich food. Include all colours of vegetables & fruits in your diet. Reduce carbo intake, thats all is needed for a PCOS women. Do regular exercises to reduce that excess weight. Rest will fall in place.
    Baby dust to you.

2. snoo

snoo New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks for the reply.i feel better knowing it isnt a problem.i got my HPT done im the morning but it still showed negative.i fixed an appointment this week on friday.let's see wat happnes.
    I will keep u guys posted.
    Thanks,
    Santoshi.

3. Vasumathy

Thats bad Snoo. Hope the doc clears your confusion!
    Take care.

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I was initially diagnosed with PCOS and i was put on birth control pills for 6 months and I have lost 15 kgs. Now i am 110 pounds and TTC from past 2 months. Took folic acid for 2 months after stopping birth control pills. My periods has always been regular.

Every month i feel some good news will come but it ends up to be nothing. Just praying god!!!

Am i missing something here. Do I have to follow any other health tips. Please guide.

5. Vasumathy

Eat healthy. Include protein rich food in your diet. Include all vegetables, fruits & so on... Aim at not gaining anything now. Things will go well. Don't stress yourself. Be positive.
    Baby dust to you.

6. snoo

snoo New IL'ite

Hi All,
    sorry for the late update.
    i have been to doc and as usual the pregnancy test was negative.I was very upset coz i had lot of expectations this time.
    Anyway back on track with the medication course.
    Hope this cycle atleast it happens.

bye
    santoshi.

7. snoo

snoo New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a doubt yaar.
    I have been thinking that coz i have PCOD im not conceiving but my husdand sperm count is also low around 24 million.where as the normal count is 60 million.
    wat do i do.anybody has any idea abt how to increase the sperm count thru food naturally.
    PLZ reply guys .

Thank you.
    Santoshi

8. Joni

Joni Senior IL'ite

Hi Snoo,

Dont worry yaar. Even I was in the same boat till 7 weeks earlier. I had PCOS and my DH's sperm count used to be around 6 mi/ml :thumbsdownand slowly increased to around 21 mi/ml in Jan'11. :eek:mg:

I underwent ovarian drilling in Feb'11 for PCOS:spin and was also taking ayurvedic medicines. While when we did follicular study in the immediate cycle after OD we were upset that the ovulation was not happening, I conceived naturally in my March'11 cycle (in the 2nd cycle after OD). :cheers

My guess is the ayurvedic medicines that me and my DH took and above all the God's grace helped us. So don't worry, take doc's advice and pray God.

9. priyarao

priyarao New IL'ite

hi all,

i am priya married for 9 months. i had PCOD for 10 yrs and always had very irregular cycles. and now i am 26 and have only forced periods. was taking birth ctrl pills 2 get my periods. now we r planning for a kid and the dr. gave me METFORMIN 500mg 3 times a day. my doubt is that i am in the tablet for 2 weeks and i dint get my periods which is already late by 2 months :( can someone help me on knowing the probable time of getting periods? and how metformin helps in getting pregnant... since i am away from home ur guidance wud b of grt help 2 me.

10. deevya

deevya New IL'ite

Re: Is drilling for PCOS is necessary in order to get pregnant?

Hello Lakshmi,

Can you please let me know the diet chart which your doctor gave you ?