1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is a baby sling necessary while air-travelling alone with a baby?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Caramelpetal, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies
    I am planning to air-travel to India in Oct with my baby who will then be 4 months old all by myself. I would like to know if it will be helpful if I buy a baby sling so that my hands are free to carry the hand-luggage and passport etc?

Advice highly appretiated:)

2. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Caramelpetal, I think that the sling is a great idea better still ,go for a baby carrier as it would be better for the baby and also for your back! Also, you might want to carry your stroller or check if the airlines has a complimentary one. This comes in handy if you have a connecting flight and need to walk around the airport.

Hope this helps!

Deepa

3. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepa
    Thanks a lot for your advice. I will get a baby carrier..(nvr knew they are two different things...was referring to carrier as sling..duh me!!...still learning all the terms :)). About stroller, I'm not sure if I can manage one since I have a flight change in Mumbai where I will have to collect baggage and re-check in to another flight. So with the stroller, it will be tough to push the baggage. Its going to be one big circus!!!
    Thanks again :)

4. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

i would get a baby carrier (like a bjorn) & a stroller that you can gate check..

some times you just get tired of carrying the baby ALL the time..

when you are going from int ariport to domestic.. fold the stroller & keep it ontop the bags on the trolley cart & carry the baby in the sling/carrier.. it will be easier..

dont have more than 1 pc of cabin luggage. (backpack is best)