DLF and its betterment

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Delo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Hi to all DLF residents,especially women folks,

Do you feel strongly how DLF's going to the pits?If so,let's come together in this forum and initiate discussions.

I feel independent house owners are facing more problems as we don't have security,maintenance etc like the hi-rises.

Appreciate discussions/complaints/experiences etc,etc
    Delo

2. SanjanaBatra87

SanjanaBatra87 New IL'ite

Hi Delo, Good to see someone taking the lead to discuss the 'after-sale support and facilities management' provided by real estate leaders like the DLF.

But do you why think that 'independent house owners' are deprived of facilities like security and maintenance unlike the apartment owners? Are the independent house owners left to fend for themselves, doesn't the colony have their independent security, what about waste disposal?

It'll be interesting to know if other developers in Delhi/NCR or other parts of India have adequate systems for independent houses/bungalows,etc Computer Typing

Thanks,

Sanjana

3. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Great to see your response.Don't know if you are a DLF resident residing in an independent house.

All I know is we pay maintenance,would not like DLF phases to go to the pits like this with no accountablity on cleanliness etc.

Delo

4. amandeepkohli

amandeepkohli New IL'ite

I guess DLF phases (which I have visited phase 1 & 2) in Gurgaon have security check posts; but of course not very impressed with the cleanliness part. Phase 2 comparatively looked better... :roll:

I live in a apartment and I feel its more secure and well maintained; however, I'm not sure if every independent owners face similar problem as yours. Did DLF promise to offer 'facilities management' for ever? Usually, committee is formed with owner's representatives to carry on further maintenance of the societies as in most cases? What's the system in DLF societies?

5. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

U r better off in a hi-rise.Security check posts are there for all to see but the QRT guys are more sincere 'n quick in response.

We hv a committee/association who are not able to do much 'coz they hv to go via DLF reps.Yes,they r chosen by us but everything's going to pits,everyone is doing their own thing.Those of us who hv invested in houses are helplessly watching it going to pits.'Apathy' is the word.See even here I get responses only from non-residents of DLF.
    Delo

6. PreetiSandhu01

PreetiSandhu01 New IL'ite

I had read this thread a few days back and did not feel I have any role to play in this - 'cause nor was I a DLF resident or a Gurgaonite. However, today as I was going through some news, I read this sad story, which I believe will be apt to add to this discussion. Here is an excerpt from TOI of August 23, 2010:

Did you know about this incident? Who is to blame for this mishap? Will this poor chap's family get any compensation?

7. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Preeti,
    This was indeed a very unfortunate occurence,it came in the newspaper ,so we all got to know of it,quite close to our house infact.There are so many such happening around,right from security to what have you.Hence,I really don't know what to comment on Amandeep's 'however, I'm not sure if every independent owners face similar problem as yours'.

We have a meeting every month,watch helplessly the numbers of attendees dwindling every month.
    Delo