1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Duration of getting EAD

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ashwathy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Ashwathy

Ashwathy New IL'ite

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the dyration of getting a EAD after filling labor certification for GC,we are in US for a duration of 3 years and my husband is working as a JAVA DEVELOPER.ALL ur response will be appreciated and please do let me know????

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Ashwathy, It depends on when his labor was filed. Also the category in which it was filed(EB2/EB3) and country of birth charged on the Green Card application.
    If you can give these details , the duration of getting EAD can be estimated.Good Luck.

3. Ashwathy

Ashwathy New IL'ite

Thank you chocolate,actually i am on H4visa and u know tht H4visa cant work so i had tried filling my H1B but because i have work experience of two years while doing my Engineering itself ,so while filing my attorney my consultant told anyways urs will be declined so no point in filing so now my only hope is this, his labor certification was done last month on EB2 hope this information might help you to give me an answer

4. chocolate

Ashwathy, When was his labor application for Green Card filed? What country is he charged under? Meaning his country of birth?You are in luck if its EB2 as its processing dates are progressing well nowadays.Post the above details to help you further.Good Luck.

5. Ashwathy

Ashwathy New IL'ite

Choclate,thank you so much for ur concern ,country of origin is India and it was filed on Mar-18-2010 ,i wanted to know how much time will it take i.e maximum time as well as minimum time.Again thanks a lot :)

6. chocolate

Aswathy, Your PD is a little far ahead. But nothing to worry. EB2 is rapidly progressing so you might be able to file EAD by the end of the year or early next yr.Keep looking at the visa bulletin. You might be able to guess the time of filing next stages. Try to look thru immigration sites. You get a lot of info from them. Its always good to be fairly informed to take advantage of any immigration reforms and visa dates entirely. It also helps to tackle the immigration lawyers and not let them put our cases on the back burner.If you have any questions do post. Good Luck.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Chocolate,
    My husband's lock in date is Dec 2008, but I hear that it can easily take until 2012 Dec to evn get an EAD. Is that true ?

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

check this link
    Visa Bulletin for April 2010

look for employment based visas...by category...by country..

For EB2 -India..currently application who have their priority dates around 1st Feb05 are being processed

9. cheenikum

cheenikum Junior IL'ite

I am glad someone raised these questions. My husband's company filed for labour certification in jan 2009, where its usually to be done in 6 weeks or so, ours is still lying the same way till now- april 2010.I did check the visa bulletin, does it also apply to your labour filing?Ya,the husband's whole GC processing is done under Eb2.Thanks for the info.

10. chocolate

Cheenikum, Your hubby needs to push the lawyer to file another labor application.We did the same for my husband.Try it. Also one advice wud be to be very aggressive with your immigration lawyer. You cant lay back and say let them do the processing . They wont. Unless we are on top of our cases , they wont be too. Good Luck.