1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being a Bold Leader in Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rashmibh, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Rashmibh

Rashmibh New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Gautami; panose-1:0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:2097155 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.35pt 842.0pt; margin:.9in 46.35pt .75in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    It was indeed such a vexing time for me when I found myself bedridden for an extensive period after a bad road accident. I not only had got temporary amnesia but six fractures and a badly mutilated knee as well. Every passing moment seemed to take me to a new threshold of pain. From a busy, hard working Executive in a promising Multinational Company, I was soon reduced to a complaining invalid with nothing to do except find faults and crave for a sympathetic audience. The only useful engagement available was probably my love for reading which enabled me to go through a stack of material I had collected over the years and never had had the time to read.

I found a story that I could relate to. It was a true account of a war hero, who having crashed in a jungle within enemy lines managed to reach a safe place facing numerous difficult situations like wild animals and snowy terrain in his painfully crushed feet.

The author also tells us about the Hero’s presence of mind, ability to manage dire situations as well as his unbelievable strength of will and spirit. Though he had his feet amputated, without losing his determination he fought against all odds by joining the force again as a fighter pilot in spite of both of his prosthetic feet.
    (-Polevoi, Boris. A Story of a Real <st1:state><st1:place>Man.</st1:place></st1:state> <st1:city><st1:place>Moscow</st1:place></st1:city>. Raduga Publishers.1986)

This story brought about a miraculous change in me. I was much braver and confident. I even became more positive and patient. That was truly essential as the days rolled to years and I still wasn’t fully recovered in spite of nine operations for a stubborn chronic bone infection. It was naturally a very stifling and listless period filled with ennui.

Tired of all my reading I turned towards other sources of activity. Music was another option which I took up seriously. Taking music lessons on a synthesizer with an equally enthusiastic teacher was not only keeping me quite happy and humming, it seemed the whole neighbourhood was interested too. The extensive time that I was in bed with pain, I was often visited by anxiety and depression but also by inspiration from words, music plus my research on the internet to quench my curiosity. Here I guess I had used the combination of brainstorming, research, lateral thinking and most of all, the SWOT analysis helped me pinpoint all activities that I could do to pick up my self esteem and interest in life.

I began to sleep better and was more cheerful but I was again yearning to work. I missed the feeling of being independent and useful. Since I couldn’t move out of my house I decided on working from home on the world wide net. I tried for months searching every viable option. For a couple of months I tried the Paid to Click Programmes, market surveys and data entry jobs but most turned out to be some kind of a scam or the services didn’t cover the geographical limits of the country. Again I took refuge in one of my hobbies, which was creative writing. I applied for content writing jobs online and though it did take some time, I finally did manage to get my dream job after all.

I’d surely like to share with you that all pain and helplessness is only temporary. Your brain is your greatest ally so feed it with inspiration, creativity, faith, knowledge and positivism.
    For even if it’s slow, you eventually win. Everyday!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. collegecurious

collegecurious New IL'ite

Hello mam,
    Thanks for your encouraging post. You are right that all the helplessness and setbacks are temporary and we should keep working with faith and optimism. It is rightly said that every cloud has a silver lining.

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rashmi
    Thank you sharing such an inspiring story about your tragic accident and final victory over your despair. I'm so glad that the unfortunate accident did not make you bitter for life. Books can be teachers and best friends ; how wonderful that you took the story of the war hero as your guide in life and changed your outlook towards life .
    Congratulations on landing a job you love and on making sunshine for yourself without wasting time on grumbles and regrets . Your closing line makes a great inspirational quote and your positivity is infectious. Loved it.
    :thumbsup
    Best wishes.

4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi rashmi,
    Hearty congrats for getting your dream job and bettering your life.Overcoming setbacks in life make us stronger mentally and physically too .We are born to survive as such we can surmount any problem with a cool head.Your post is quite inspirational and enjoyable too.

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear rashmi

Congratulations for emerging as a winner!! :thumbsupfrom the temporary setbacks u faced. Salute to your grit and perseverance, which helped you to undergo so many operations, so many painful and dark days.

Your life experience is an motivation and inspiration, for all of us, to keep going, to keep fighting and moving ahead.

Have a gr8 day. i am really motivated and thanks for sharing.

6. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Rashmi,
    Inspiring post dear. Cocksure you have a great attitude. That's the secret, haul the victory in your life. Enjoy your new content writing job :thumbsup