Learn to make traditional Sindhi Palak sabji.
- 1 bunch Palak
- 1/2 bunch Methi leaves
- 3 table spoon Chana dal (pre-soaked)
- Mix vegetables like potato, carrot, yam, peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 table spoon ginger+garlic paste
- 2 large tomatoes, puréed
- Heat 2 tbl spn oil in a pressure cooked.
- Add onion, sauté till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, sauté till raw smell is gone.
- Now add channa dal, mixed vegetables and methi leaves, sauté for a while.
- Now add chopped palak, mix well and cook for a while till moisture is absorbed.
- Add puréed tomato, mix well
- Now add ground masala like turmeric, red chilli powder and salt, mix and add cupful of water.
- Cover and cook on medium heat to 4-5 whistles.
- Remove from fire and let it stand for a while till steam is released.
- Open the lid and mix palak with a whisk. Now is is ready to serve with Tahiri.
- You can also relish it with plain rice or roti.