Zero Tolerance Policy!

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Thanks Jey for the quick response, this is one of the characteristics of Indusladies, that keeps the site going to greater heights. Keep it up!
    Sriniketan

2. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

THis is a very good idea. Its great that so much effort is being made to keep this community safe and open. keep up the good work.

preethi

3. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Dear Indus lady (and all members),

It is time we had some ZERO tolerance policy on behalf of us poor members too...

While you seem to wield unlimited and unquestionable powers to BAN people from you site on what you feel as improper , it is very clear to me that some of you moderating ladies have occupied high citadels here without any accountability to members..

I have been at the receiving end of some harsh restrictive poicies of late from the 'moderators' of the site who are anything but moderate, in fact quite extreme... which included precluding my blog from NEW POSTS option without information and informing me 'casually' post-facto that I need to tell you the subjects in advance and take permissions from you, My signature was edited using administraor previleges and chopped off of my personal email and site links..agian without my prior permission...Witsend

All this, in spite of participating in this forum actively like a 'perfect gentlemen within what they call certain levels of decency' ( I have been named as one of the most active members recently too) after I received a mail from Induslady saying We miss you and can we tempt you back? etc...

In all, it reeks of very resrtictive, undemocratic and anti-member policies which are very rare to be seen in Internet of late...

Please frame certain policies which are pro-member and adopt some liberal attitude towards active members...Bring some transparency into your system..IL'ites badly need it and deserve it!..
    C'mon, what about OUR rights, then?

If you do not beleive me, Indus lady, conduct an opinion poll and find out how many of the members would support you on unilateral matters that I have described above...

I am waiting to banned for opening MY MOUTH...( feels like Soviet Russia here! )( Whew!):hide:

Regards,

Nkumar

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Mr NKumar,

Before you get all worked up over imagined slights and what not, please read our forum etiquette at www.indusladies.com/fe and also the new member orientation section at http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/20699-new-member-orientation-read-know.html.

My suggestion would be for you to go through it and study these well.

Your posting outside links to your blog and your personal email in your signature was violative of # 5 in the FE guidelines that say - "Links to external sites are not allowed in your signature."

Our policies also advise against posting personal info anywhere on the open forum like phone # , email id etc.

This is not an 'anything goes' site and all of us (including the members) work hard towards keeping an environment of civility, comfort and safety here.

Please help to keep it that way.

Regards,
    Aarushi

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  5. NKumar

NKumar New IL'ite

Dear Madam Aarushi,

Please reply to my following post pasted below with the snapshot on ask Induslady thread ( http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/4511-ask-questions-induslady-about-il-54.html) of yesterday where a goof -up / slip up was reported by me in your toolbar of the Edit signature field which allows one to post Hyperlinks and Insert email Ids.. Please answer WHY

As I Understand from having been a moderator a of a few yahoo and google groups and forums myself, the term 'external links' that you have used is meant to mean ONLY COMMERCIAL AND SOLICITING SITES, selling things by Internet marketing and not to a member's own email ID which he is using on the same forum and vertainly not his personal webpage.
    ( In fact many forums like yours, ask a member to name your email Ids, whether it is to be visible to members and the URL of one's webpages!!)

In such a case as yours, how do you expect members to interact, know and understand each other?

This is an oppressive and restrictive policy, Yet I will choose to remain on this forum and respect your RULES...unless of course you choose to eliminate me....

With utmost obedience and having been chastened, I remain,

Your sincerely

Nkumar
    Chennai

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Induslady [​IMG]
    Hello Nkumar,

You need to separately request for blog entry access if you want to write your blogs in our blogging section. You can email the request to induslady@indusladies.com, mentioning about what your blogs are going to be.

Note: We edited your signature to remove email id and links to external blogs. It is not permitted as per site policy. Refer our Forum Etiquette. Thanks.

************************************************** ***********************************
    My dear lady,

Oh, Thanks, How nice of you to tell me NOW!

Will you kindly tell me WHY you provide a toolbar containing Hyperlink button , IF YOU ARE AGAINST US POSTING WEB AND EMAIL LINKS IN SIGNATURE... SEE YOUR SIGNATURE EDIT WINDOW BELOW:

[​IMG]

I am not new to Internet forums and I have been on SO MANY FORUMS AND LISTS than I can care to count...Nowhere has anyone asked me to reveal my subjects of blogs for pre-approval and certainly not tried censoring tricks like deleting hyperlinks from one's signature after allowing it on their own toolbar...

Please redesign your toolbar, disable or grey out your buttons WHICH YOU DON'T LIKE/ALLOW and KINDLY PLEASE tell us in ADVANCE of your restrictive policies..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] .

THANKS VERY MUCH![​IMG]

NKumar

Chennai

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  6. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear induslady
    when i first joined IL i was hesitant to write anything, th e reason being my experience with other networking sites. my first post was after a long time ..one year of registering. and my reason to be on the site was the environment of the whole forum...its more like going to a kitty party, with like minded ladies. yes its true that i being a north indian at times i do not understand a few things written ,but then if i do not interact how will i.i am not sure whether i should be writing in this forum , but as i realised that the zero tolerance policy is the reason that i am comfortable in this forum, so i wanted to say thanx.
    hats off to all of you who put in so much of an effort to make this forum safe for us all.:2thumbsup:
    :clap for all of you as i am loving other features too.

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Muzna,

Thank you for those nice words about this community site. The safety and security of our members have always been on our priority list. In fact, it is members like you who help us implement such policies 100% and make it a success for the site.

As you may agree members here are very friendly and welcoming. But it gives them some extra joy in sharing content in their own language. It is in no way to keep away North Indian members or those of other languages. So please feel free to participate in many discussions here.

Our site got more exposure to the South Indian community naturally. Appreciate if members like you can bring in more North Indian friends here. That way we will have a balanced bigger crowd :))

9. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear induslady
    i am sorry if you think that i was complaining...
    no, infact i was trying to say that there is a difference in conduct and style of communication of people from different areas, and over a time period one gets used to it and then its normal. in fact i am getting used to it. and i'am gaining in the process, i hope i will be able to make a similar contribution to the forum.
    as far as writing in ones own language is concerned ,i'm also for it, and i got the link to the site for this in a blog in this very forum. i would be using it when i'm comfortable with it.
    and yes i have told a lot of people about this forum, because i am loving it . and one of my friends did join..but not being net savvy she'll need time to adjust.

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Muzna,

No, I did not think you are complaining. Not at all.

I only wanted to explain the need behind people communicating in their own languages.

Thank you for referring you friend. Hoping to see her too active like you. Do refer more of your friends.