1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zen and the art of filtering junk!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 6, 2007.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir
    Lovely story this is the first time I have read... I would like to know what happened next...

You have aptly linked the brain to computer... I would like to know how to erase stubborn memories?

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    During my school days, I have often been yelled at by my teacher, 'You often forget that you have a brain. Take it from me that you have one just like any of us though may be a bit nonfunctional. Use it my boy and tell me what is 25x25?' Years later, when I was also facing the insubordination of the brain, I started applying my technique of forgetting its existence of which my teacher used to be so critical! But let me tell you, going blank is sometimes has its own rewards. It is almost like what cannot be cured, must be endured. So I let my mind roam at its will and pleasure and forget its existence!

As you rightly point out, our trying to clean our mind is not dissimilar to our maids cleaning our house. After all are we not the servants of our insubordinate minds? The moment we become servants, our cleaning capacity goes down. You may be wondering what exactly I am trying to convey. The fact is that I have switched off my mind not being able to conquer it right now!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear vjb
    The Guru carrying the girl and safely depositing her on the other side of the river is a good example of Nishkama Karma in which the person performing a particular act never lets his mind get attached to the action. For the Guru it was just a humanitarian act but his disciples let their mind get burdened with that action and let it get embroiled in unbecoming thoughts!

Coming to Erasure of stubborn memories, we are responsible for them to become stubborn by constantly replaying them in our minds. Why allow them to take deep roots and wring our hands helplessly? Mind is only too willing to let go but we only stand in the way.
    Sri

1 person likes this.